Would you like an app to automate what inNKX does?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Xupito, Aug 27, 2019.

?

How badly would you like to have it?

1. Nothing or close to nothing

2. I'd possible try it

3. Interested, I'd use it frequently

4. Very interested, I'd use it a lot

5. Mac/Linux/Android version?

6. I just wanna know if R2R is coming back...

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

You have an awesome idea here. While I am trying to retain my composure so we do not make fun of the dead, or yet to be resurrected again... or go to left of topic...I put it in my signature to TRY (operative word) to remind myself not to reply when he resurrects :rofl::facepalm:
    Anyway - If you manage to find out exactly where the sorting is done (hive location or XML) please kindly let me know :)

2. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Sure. The order is here:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments

For instance, this is (in my PC) the content of
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\The Orchestra
    Is this:
    Code:
    "K5DbCacheImportSize"=dword:0000001b
    "K5DbCacheImportData"="AQAAAAEAAADkBwcDAQAAABESK0BCDwCFNAYA"
    "UserRemoved"=dword:00000000
    "UserListIndex"=dword:00000002
    "CurInstrDir"="F:\\[VST]\\[KTT]\\Sonuscore.TheOrchestra.[KTT]\\Instruments\\01 Strings\\01 Violins 1\\"

Begins with zero, so UserListIndex in this case means that library is the third

More data related to IDs, authentication is on this one:
    Several data is here:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments

PS. ""I am starting to think that no matter how sensible I attempt to be answering Foster's questions after getting sucked in, I come out just a little bit more stupid than when I entered.""
    Genius quote xD

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

OK this is great. Let me look at it for a little while and see if I can work out a smarter not harder way to do the sorting. This is the sorting key in a dword, this narrows it down immensely. Thank you!

4. Meric

Meric Member

I noticed from this old wiki page:
    https://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Command_line_parameters

It seems totalCommander has some command line capabilities which would allow you to call it and use it with some scripting. However I'm not quite sure how you would run tasks on it. The examples seem to only show how you can load a directory on each side.

Anyone ever try figuring this out to see if you can unpack files with totalcommander from the CLI?

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Yes I meant to get back to you earlier, apologies...
    I worked out that you have to do three things in a script to avoid messing up Kontakt and the registry:
    The container name file first then the UserListIndex then specify the CurInstrDir - each so overwriting the wrong thing does not happen.

A popup first saying how many libraries, then which is what would work well - generated by name from the container asking where the person wants it to appear in display translated in to simple numbers not as displayed in UserListIndex - so dword:00000002 would be seen by the user as simply '3' needs to also happen or you'll get a WTF from anyone using it.

Man whoever created KontaktLibOrganizer deserves huge kudos. It's messy to put all of this into a single easy to use executable.

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

maybe just create an electron app, that makes things a lot easier , especially if you know JavaScript, HTML, CSS :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Yep, the problem still would be how to create a GUI for a person with many libs

Thought crossed my mind cause I'm a web developer, but a backend one. So I know my way around HTML/CSS/Javascript but not enough to make GUI-rich electron app. Especially Javascript, node in this case.

8. relepega

relepega Noisemaker

Hello there, what's the project status? is it too late to apply?