Would love if someone can help me out on getting some vsts please

Discussion in 'Software' started by TrillYuri, Oct 16, 2019.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

don't get reason 11 after all, i had issues with the up and down arrow changing presets in Reaper Daw

will check Komplete as
    NeverenoghFun suggested

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
  2. littlewierdo

littlewierdo Kapellmeister

No, actually, I make no money from my music writing, its purely a hobby for me, and, I work a minimum wage'ish job.

I am a physics student, with interests in music, television, books, crochet, carpentry, and learning in general, and I consider my libraries money well spent. I will be honest enough to admit that probably half of the libraries I have, I did not purchase, but as money comes my way, I purchase libraries.

My computer isnt top of the line, just a core i7 8700k with 64 gb of ram, lots of hard drive space for libraries, and an Nvidia 650 TI (lol). I prioritize my money on my hobbies. Sparking creativity is important to me, and it seems to me that most people are interested in consuming rather than creating.

The hardware I use consists of a Yamaha Motif XF8 ($3000), an Icon Pro G2 control surface with motorized faders ($500), and 1 expansion Icon Pro G2 control surface ($400) which gives me a total of 16 faders / knobs.

The big thing is, my extracurricular purchases all center mostly around my music writing, and I save money for things I want, with exception to the control surfaces, which I bought from American Music Supply on a 5 month subscription plan that does not require a credit check. When I pay off a control surface expansion, I order another one, and I will continue to do that until I have all three expansion, giving me a total of 32 channels (8 from the main unit and 8 for each expansion unit, with a maximum of 3 expansion units that are supported, for a total of 24 channels from the expansion units).

The question is, where are your priorities? Understandably, if your income is awful and you are in a third world country, yea, this seems glutinous, but if you are in a country like the United States, it becomes an issue of saving money and prioritizing where your money goes.