would it be difficult to implement...

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by EchoEko, Dec 18, 2016.

?

Would you like an ignore/hide user posts' feature on audioz/audiosex?

1. yes

2. no

3. What difference, at this point, does it make?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EchoEko

EchoEko Noisemaker

a feature on audioz where you can choose to ignore all posts/uploads by certain members? There are about 4 user's that I would like to not see on the pages of audioz.

Is this possible? Most other forums & sites have a simple ignore/hide feature & I think member's could benefit from having this feature.

i'm not in communications at all with these users, I would just like to not ever see the posts they put up.

Hopefully I put this in the right section, sorry if not.

3. TwinBorther

TwinBorther Kapellmeister

Well, couldn't you just ignore them?... I don't know how AZ or AS are coded... in theory it wouldn't be that hard to implement, nor it would be that easy either, but it all depends on how the backend of the website is coded...

The real question here would be "why tho?"

4. I think this is already implimented.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Would you really want to mimic her? not sure I get it....but whatevz

How about this.. is there any way to just remove gratuitous nasty votes? or does the post/thread have to be removed for that..?
    We still have certain members who like to just dump nasties all over threads... as they have stated.. because it makes them
    feel powerful... pathetic enough already I know.. if this is what you need to make you feel worthwhile in life... meh..

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Better yet we can remove those negative ratings button. This is a place to discuss all things audio... not hate on each other. This is a place for helping one another & sharing our experiences/knowledges with others who share the same hobby... not downrating each other & feeling superior to each other.
    Same goes for AudioZ - Why is there still a down-vote button for actual posts? I can share content with others & some asshole who is having a bad day can just come in & down-vote it because he doesn't like the tunes in the demo. It has happened to me before. Or if you post a request, someone will down-vote it because they don't like me.
    I used to downvote people for various reasons on AZ but then recently I realized how absurd it is & how much I don't like it being done to me. Maybe you can keep the "disagree" rating on here - as it's a neutral rating.
    I don't know what your intentions of those ratings were, @SAiNT but either way it seems to be causing more problems than it is solving. It destroys threads, & essentially makes our forum look bad. Is this what we want it to be? Another KVR/Gearsluts? I know we are better than that. We already got rid of the down-vote button for comments on AZ. We should remove the down-vote button in general. Same with the nasty ratings here. It ticks more people off than you think.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2016
  7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

It's too easy to just create a new account that hasn't been ignored and get your thread up.
    There's wisdom in filtering what we allow into our minds yet at the same time I wouldn't want to censor any of you regardless of any trolling behavior.
    Call me naive. Gullible. Whatever. One thing you will always get from me is another chance to redeem yourself.

I prefer to listen anyways.
    [​IMG]

Click on a user name and you get the option to Ignore right next to Follow.
    If you mouse over Profile you get the option to view everyone you've ignored.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

it is still a very useful tool for moderators.

9. G String

G String Rock Star

just scroll instead?