Worst support/costumer service?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Introninja, Mar 10, 2016.

?

Worst support?

1. Steinberg

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Avid

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Image Line.

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Cockos.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cakewalk.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ableton.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Propellerhead.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Apple (Logic)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Presonus.

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  10. Magix.

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. reFX

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  12. Arturia.

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  13. Native Instruments.

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    My vote goes to Avid. You have to pay a yearly subscription to get support.

2. real

real Kapellmeister

In all seriousness, how would I do that? Don't worry, I don't expect a useful answer, and I better not get one...unless I and R2R stay anonymous in the process.

3. Slider

Slider Producer

I can only speak of good experience with Presonus. Had high pitched whining noise in hardware interface just past warranty end. Techs worked with me to try to identify issue then had me send it in for evaluation. In the mean time without my knowledge, they sent me a new unit at no charge so I wouldn't have extended downtime. Then about 3 weeks after I had sent them my unit, it shows up in the mail fixed at no charge, with explanation what they found and fixed (replaced 2 transistors), about fell out of my chair!! Still have both units, don't know if that's SOP or someone fucked up....I wasn't asking and they weren't telling! :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

So Truuue... :hillbilly:

5. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

@real check your PM.

6. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    If you don't mind my asking, where are you located? You might be in the U.S. or Europe. I don't mean to sound discouraging and yours is a great example of taking support to the next level, but in my country in South America, that kind of support is far from being expected. Most likely, retailers and distributors would rather pay a local technician to fix a small bug than going though all the process of a support claim *if you are covered by the guarantee*. Anyhow, I can only salute Presounus for their excellent support on this one.

7. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

i think most BIG dev:s has shitty support they simply dont need to answer or even care to answer
    My guess is that they have a much bigger advertising department than the support department..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  8. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

As most of you did or did not notice. The steinberg guy came up to do some PR dance and left the building unoticed. There you have it. Steinberg support in all its spendor. :guru:

9. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Spectrasonics... though not a DAW, they still fit the thread title (as one, there are many) of Worst Customer Support.
    The best experience with customer service I've had has been with Zynaptiq and (oddly enough) Steinberg. Steinberg because they actually refunded me for an online VST purchase without a fight! :wink:

10. Rayth69

Rayth69 Noisemaker

NI for killing Kore 2, but overall Steinberg; Buggy, slow, un-optimized software, slow development, expensive upgrades and terrible support with an patronizing attitude. I've spent over 1000 EUR for Cubase alone over the years, and I'm still nothing but a beta tester for every new "upgrade", each of which breaks more than it fixes.
    And the worst part it, there is no alternative. Regardless of what people may say, Reaper/StudioOne are still a far cry from Cubase 8.5 pro. So I'm stuck with Cubase and their support for the foreseeable future.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List