World News in the Feed?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by sideshowbob, Apr 21, 2014.

1. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Yesterday i was thinking it would be good to have a subforum for technology stuff that could or will change music production and audio engineering.
    Just to separate it from general news. And today, well...
    Assuming frequent post in the "World News" section and each news in it`s own topic will easily flood the feed or bring additional work.
    So many things happening all the time, worth to be recognized, i could start "broadcasting" instantly.
    What`s your opinions?

3. cruzmeyers

cruzmeyers Newbie

Personally I prefer not to have world news in the feed. I come here for all things audio and could care less about world news and all the smut and political propaganda. Please keep it to audio related news.

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

World News (as well as a few other sections) doesn't show up in the AudioZ feed, if it does now I might change that. That being said there are honestly times when a news story should and in those cases I will make sure they do. I generally don't take up too much of the feed with my news posts but I think the ones that do are very important. What I would really like to see in the future is a more detailed feed where it automatically cycles through key categories showing the top news stories. That way it wouldn't get in anybody's way but still provide solid information as to what's new on AudioSex.

The forums are growing and eventually this will become about more than just audio, it has already begun. Audio will still remain the main focus but there will be new sections that will focus on things like Technology and World News. The last thing that you can consider the news posted here is propaganda because I don't just post run of the mill kind of stuff. I always go out of my way to find solid, important news that should be read. For example many people here don't read the news but should be aware of what's going on around them. Like I said World News won't push to the feed but I hope to eventually make a more detailed feed which will show the top news stories in each category and cycle through them.

5. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

[​IMG] Catalyst

I agree, real news is more important then ever.
    As a community we can create a quality niveau unreachable for a single person and more time efficient.
    I`ll do my best to support that(so dont hesitate with critics i get it the right way).
    Because of my job you`ll find me very active or not at all(for a couple of weeks).

[​IMG]

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Online World News are fine to me... at least some of these online ones are not "directed" by Gouvernment as the ones from TV. Prised be the internet! :wink:

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

"Hyde Park corner" has been my favourite part of KVR for years. Why wouldn't we have our own "Hyde Park corner" here? :)

It is great to be able to make music and "stuff"... but it is also important to stay "in the flow", eh? :wink:

8. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Yep, I am ALL for a World News Feed. :wink:

I gave up listening to the MSM a long time ago and now try to get a much more balanced, reality based view of current affairs from various online, independent outlets. A section on AudioSex dedicated to a TRUTHFUL world view has to be beneficial to all as links posted would open new sources from where we might discover the REAL story.

Those against such a section/feed could do as they are always free to do in such circumstances, and, just pass on by. :dunno:

Knowledge IS power! Only by being in command of the facts can we ever expect to be in any position of readiness for what the uncertain future may hold.

Who knows.........? One day that knowledge may be the tool that puts you, and those you love, one step ahead of the game.

God bless. :hug:

9. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Can i also post some horrific videos regarding some brutal world news? :dunno: such as "cought on tape" things? Is about the cold truth as well and they'll be up to date as possible...

10. IXV

IXV Newbie

and that's why I like Vice News, I think its really important to be informed about whats going on in the world since the main news outlets are not even reporting back on whats going on and instead reporting what Justin Beiber did last week, nobody seems to know whats going on in Venezuela or Egypt and the forgotten revolutions in Syria and Libya. Every Musician needs to be informed ! awareness and knowledge is power also you guys might want to check the side project of Vice News called Noisey (they talk about music news) and Motherboard (focuses on Technology)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMtz1xobvn4&list=PLw613M86o5o6crBl_bkltdnTcyO9C-im2&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIj26r4VPaA&list=PLTlJK3kwZIbS4lJeNNx1Z7TUlidgNK_2R&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vrh9BqCnlQ&list=PLdoAu1uCjE-h_EK5Bi_NXE69EQn9vwbOQ&feature=share&index=4

11. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Vice is a good show, they also have their own agenda, many times only telling the side of the story they want to show.

Still, very enlightening.

12. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Herein lies the problem with almost EVERY news outlet out there. :(