Working with slices

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by ambbe, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

Hi all.
    Lately I like to work with percussion loops, but not to use them as such, but to work with their slices. For non-electronic sounds, but for real instruments, it is a good way to gather a good number of samples of different strength, articulation and hue, which is fundamental with this type of sound. The problem is that the tails are cut abruptly, and although the ADSR can be easily modified, the result is not convincing. Is there any way to add a tail at the end of these sounds quickly and automatically, without having to copy the tail and extend it into an audio editor?
    I have been testing some loops software, but none have seen that it offers what I need.
    I don't like Stylus RMX because of the lack of visual representation of the wave and because of the lack of intuitiveness of working with slices.
    New Sonic Arts Vice is the fastest and most direct for WAV, but lacks support for REX2. Steinberg Groove Agent is frankly good, automatically spreading the slices of the REX2 on the pads (but it doesn't do the same with the WAVs). NI Battery also does the same with the REX2 (a pity that Native Instruments has abandoned it and cannot be resized). Geist is a monster, but it is very buggy, it is not reliable. SliceX is also a good option, but in all cases, I have not seen a way to solve the problem of the sharp drop at the end of the sample.