Working on FL Studio 12 skin [V 1.0]

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Lunarpole, May 18, 2017.

1. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Great summary @momo :phunk:

@Joshy albarez Back in the days @r4e made a cool video to explain a workaround.
    The workaround became obsolete, but you can still see the process of using FL and ressource tuner together -> how to comb the rcdata folder, changing some bits and saving those changes. Vid is still up here.
    http://www85.zippyshare.com/v/zSHiBzn9/file.html

Hope this helps abit while momo is busy writing the script for a new howtoskinFLvideo. :winker:

2. albackwardz

albackwardz Member

That made all the difference in the world! I've been refreshing this thread daily and just gave up on it. But now that I can SEE how to do it I'm gonna give it another go at it. Maybe someone else can post a video of them doing it as well.

3. Joshy albarez

Joshy albarez Noisemaker

I need help on changing the meter color. Do any of you know of a program that allows You to change the color of meter such as the [​IMG] all of the yellows color things. how do i change the color of the little cable in the left hand corner of the bottom.

4. Joshy albarez

Joshy albarez Noisemaker

bro how do you change the logo?

5. mono

mono Audiosexual

@Joshy albarez some info here that Maizelman put togetter.
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/diy-fl-logo-christmaztrees.32641/

Here is a quick vid to help with the Rcdata
    there are lots of things you can change and can take you three to four days to redo
    if you want to get into it fully.ive also added a bit more info on the other page.
    http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/CtVB5hcd/file.html

@Joshy albarez i have some patches here that change the colors
    but some are lost at the moment ,
    will try to find them again as i need them as well.
    This is the program used to find the color code and add the patches to change the colors
    there are still afew things we don't under-stand or are working on the wrong part of the code
    but we make do and luck helps alot.will send ya the patchs to load in soon as there sorted again,
    https://x64dbg.com/#start

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  6. mono

mono Audiosexual

7. Joshy albarez

Joshy albarez Noisemaker

Thanks a lot, now i know how to change the mixer colors :rofl::goodpost:

8. Pedro Nunes

Pedro Nunes Noisemaker

Can i say something here without offending anyone?
    Why do you guys "waste" your time coloring? This is all Beta versions.
    Yesterday came out another version with new features. In a few weeks or months the final version will be released. And you cant use this versions (dll) anymore. Unless they are cracked versions. But even so...You don't have all the features.
    Another thing... In the past I saw a lot of FL Studio skins. I`m gonna say 90% of them are a completely crap. They make FL Studio looks like a kids toy. And you know FL already have the fame of that. "Unfair."

I saw 2 skins here which are pretty damn good. 100% better then original. But they still use the same super-hiper-mega-ugly icons, which now are in a font file. And they still use the same size, same position, and same fonts.
    You know you can change everything right? That`s the difference between Skin and Coloring.

Here is an example of V10, which is one that i use. Why don't you do something like this? This is "Skinned" :) (one colum only and large sizes)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will not do the same thing in this version because I don't want to upgrade FL studio since V10. I dont waste money or even use crack versions in a daw that keeps release version after version, and i still have use another daw if i want make decent audio editing.
    All daws let you edit audio in realtime in your project. FL dont. Forget about Edison. Edison is the same "crap" is "external".
    Again, i will not skin this version or future versions, until they have real time audio editing. But if you need some tips how to do it... Let me know.

PS- The images are 100% real, if you use V10 32bits i can share my skin with you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Lunarpole

Lunarpole Platinum Record

I Really appreciate your concern, But the real challenge was to skin FL Studio 12 by modifying Vectorial code.Not just replace some png images. Even Image line states in their forum that FL studio cant be skinned but here you are we have tons of skin now.

That post from image-line provoked me to start skinning FL studio and initiate this post at first place.Which you can see because of my fellow friends this post is now huge.

Hope you understand and get my point

10. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

@Pedro Nunes
    You're right, it would be a waste of time to skin those beta versions. That's why we have not skinned them. :no:

The biggest part was done by @momo. He found all the colors that were hidden somewhere in the code, but ultimately, the results were more than worth it.:cool:

All custom skins work just fine with legit FL versions. And they will still work in the future since IL lets you install different versions of FL side by side nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Pedro Nunes

Pedro Nunes Noisemaker

Yes i understand that is why i suggest u guys change positions, icons, sizes etc.
    This is not png images (only) its dll code completely changed. And its possible to do the same thing in the vectorial mode too. I already try that before this thread start :)

• List
  12. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

It probably all comes down to what your intentions are. My biggest one was to get rid of the grey asap. Actually I changed one icon after r4e mentioned that it was possible by manipulating the fontfiles (+ I had looked at the acorn for too long). I don't feel the urge to change more stuff atm, although it would be cool for sure to have individual icons. Feel free to share any ideas or howto's on that front. :yes:

13. Pedro Nunes

Pedro Nunes Noisemaker

Yes, the icons are now in a font file, and someone here already explain one way to manage "change" that.
    Ok... Here's a few tips :): All the main features are in "TopDockSite". This have 80PX height by default i belive. But only one toolbar uses 80px height, the remaining toolbars have 40px height.
    If you change all toolbars to 80px u got one column only. One column = bigger icons (need to change the px and position of that too) and no more empty spaces in the main toolbar.
    Use your imagination... How and where you want to see the tools that you have change. Of course, once you change that, you will need to do the math to center the icons to the new dimensions.
    You can also change the height in other stuff besides toolbars. In the vectorial only the width option is gone... At least for most things.
    I tested that when the first beta version came out and i don't remember if there is width option or not.

• List
  14. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

I appreciate the skins because I just hate looking at at god awful gray all day. And I have confidence that Momo's gorgeous black skin will be updated for FL 20. But I do see what you mean @Pedro Nunes , although I didn't know you could change all that in FL 12, I have seen it done in FL 11 and below, which looks like what you've got there.

15. Lunarpole

Lunarpole Platinum Record

Yes I got your point and all sort Development tips and things like that are welcome here in this thread.

Please feel free to share the valuable tips of yours

16. mono

mono Audiosexual

@Pedro Nunes IL was talking about doing something like that as well sometime with FL
    will see how Fl 20 looks when its out of beta and you can jone in if ya like anytime just for fun.
    There are a few thing you have to consider when making changes like that i.e
    eveyone has a different screen side and what works ok on one screen will not work on an other
    but now that we know how to fully recolor fl we can try mess around with it a bit more over time,

Can i ask where you read we are working on the beta fl studio
    cause i know myself this would be a wast of time ?

17. Pedro Nunes

Pedro Nunes Noisemaker

I don't understand this question? What do you mean, or what do you want to know?
    This is all beta versions. Beta versions are announced on IL Forum and website.
    To me i think is waste of time, changing something that you are unable to use in a few days or weeks... That's my point of view.

18. mono

mono Audiosexual

hi just wanted to know where you got the info from that we were reskining the beta version
    as its the frist thing you said ? If most new users taught we were working on the beta they could
    install the wrong version of fl studio and end up with a buggy setup ,that would not help anyone.
    so if you can tell us where ya read this we can try fix the info thanks.

19. Blip Of The Fish

Blip Of The Fish Newbie

from the IL forum;

Skinning FL Studio 12 and higher is also in violation of the EULA:

7. User obligations

Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the User shall not, nor give anyone permission to (i) download, duplicate, rent, lease, alter, modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the Software; (ii) make access to the Software available to others in connection with a service bureau, application service provider, or similar business; (iii) export or re-export the Software either directly or indirectly, without the prior written consent of Image Line and without the required export license.

AND:

Changes to tolerance of skinning posts in Looptalk and other Image-Line forums

Sharing files associated with skinning FL Studio 12 and above (.dlls), or FL Studio 11 and below (.bmp) are violations of both Copyright and or the EULA. We will take action to remove copyrighted material wherever we find this on the internet.

The EULA: 7. User obligations Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the User shall not, nor give anyone permission to (i) download, duplicate, rent, lease, alter, modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the Software; ...

Here is the Knowledge Base article on the topic - Re skinning

What other options do you have?

We have plans to allow extensive modification of the UI via in-program controls and options, this will be made available in a future update. Until then we request that you respect the above notice.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  20. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

How old is this? I think they wrote it before they saw what we did here. :winker:
    Actually they never DMCA'd our skins despite their statement above.
    So do you have an own opinion about this, or what's your intent? :dunno: