Working on a new track. Looking for your pro comments!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by incognito, Feb 16, 2014.

1. incognito

incognito Noisemaker

New version coming up soon!

3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Can we share cons comments too? :rofl: Just jokin'... well... Overall sounds nice, though i would suggest you around 1:25-1:40 to make this region a bit more organic and dynamical. It felt a bit rigid or inflexible which affects the way the build-up goes before the chorus, stealing some energy from the chorus's kick-in.
    Another suggestion (actually a subjective opinion) would be that i would've use the airy type of supersaw chords that you used between 0:30 and 1:36 on the chorus, adapting the chorus's synth to that supersaw chords, making them rocking together, because would sounds more predictable and better to me than the actual chorus after the build up. :mates:

P.S.: don't take it as a con comment, because it sounds nice, but i just justified my thoughts pointing out some adjustments that i would've make to that song. Good luck! :thumbsup:

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

By more organic and dynamical i meant not to change any sound material in that region, but to make it more dynamical in volume levels untill the chorus kicks in, like you would transform that part into a "announcer" of the chorus, you know... That way you make the chorus kicking in more powerful. Just make sure the volume levels of your build-up doesn't compete with the levels of your chorus.(just subtle differences, so you can get a bigger feeling for the chorus)
    Check some eq too and keep in mind that if you use a ~rich-mids frequencies~ synth in a buildup and a ~weak-mids freqs synth~ in the chorus, then the chorus could still sound weaker due to the psychoacoustics, because the human ear is most sensitive to the mids frequencies around 2-5khz so make sure you "direct"(like a director of movies) the song in a strategical way for every dynamic transition. :mates:

P.S.: Focus and keep it subtle, never overdo it! :wink:

5. incognito

incognito Noisemaker

Thanks again! :)