Work with sounds from Video games!

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by zspin.stomp.shuffle, May 13, 2012.

1. zspin.stomp.shuffle

zspin.stomp.shuffle Newbie

hey, i have a 400gb games sound collection and i want to share it. I will update it almost daily in categories of games. useful as additional fx, use for layering, more ambiences/atmospheres and the vocals blow me away. Though my upload speed is limiting me to only bitshare for now. Taking requests too read the page and go get em!

http://www.rave-nation.com.au/index_5.htm

So far..

.ogg format-done
    action shooters-done
    action-done

:wink:

3. redback

redback Newbie

Awesome . . :wink:

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Big thanks for this. this kinda thing is right up my street :mates:

I dont know many of the games, can you recommend some worthwhile downloads? Im looking for vocal lines/shots specifically.
    I also love old school NES/SNES/SEGA/Gameboy sounds. What games would be even slightly close to those kinds of sounds?

REQUEST! Maybe some more Metal Gear Solid samples (From MGS1 and the other games)? Ive come a cross a few codec conversation samples before, not very many though...

Again MASSIVE thanks for this :wink:

5. lekb

lekb Newbie

Nice one bro, many thanks for the upload, your a star! :wink:

6. zspin.stomp.shuffle

it's a case of give me time. i have so much more coming. snes, nds, rpg, strategy, android, i phone etc...vocals r in many of the larger uploads so just check the folders from the link.

Note: you can convert .ogg to wav in wavelab, also VLC media player is best for previewing sounds. :thumbsup:

7. Gmafia

Gmafia Newbie

this is amazing! thank you!

8. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Thanks for the message regarding my request. Much appreciated! I threw together a track with "OBJECTION" (from that court case game on the DS, name escapes me) and an Otacon line from MGS. Gonna use some more MGS samples, bit more work in other areas, spit shine it and when the time is right post in in "Our Music".

:wink:

9. blownit

blownit Newbie

Awesome! Thanks for the rare sounds! Gotta get on bitshare just for this! :)

10. blownit

blownit Newbie

woah woah woah. hold on a second. I got the first batch, pleased to see some wav files instead of .ogg

... but then discovered that most of them are 8bit!!! Any reason for this? Cus they're pretty much unusable like that. Seems like a shame for all the effort that must have gone into this.

Thanks anyway. Don't mean to seem rude, just in case you didn't realise that 8 bit is such low quality that most DAWs won't even load them.

11. zspin.stomp.shuffle

what do u mean by batch? also yes some may be 8 bit..if the game is 'old' look for a new game works fine in samplers like battery/kontakt cause i tried it. .ogg contains files not for samplers unless converted.