Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Peter Krav, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Old content deleted, some posts make no sense anymore

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  3. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Nice! Keep on working on it Peter

4. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

The best way to improve yourself is to take your favourite song and recreate it! I do this when i don't have inspiration,sometimes the process inspires me, this happened here! Thank you tonyg0499

5. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I like it. It has good analog sound to it. It's classic trance. Reminds me of my childhood when I listened to the analog classic trance music like this. The only 2 suggestions I have for it is 1). It's a bit too monotonous and repetitive for me. I was waiting for a drop the whole time. But then I realized it was inspired by another song so it's not a big deal. 2). It's kind of thin & dry. It needs a little more sidechained/pumping pads. Xfer records LFO Tool can do this. There is a preset under "Sidechain" dropdown menu, and the preset is called "Sidechain 2". This is what I use for my sidechaining/pumping. Waves Audio - One Knob Pumper, can do this as well. But it's not great. It's basically a beginner's tool. When I think of trance I think of some kind of dreamy/reverb-drenched vibe to it. You did well. I like it a lot. But it has the potential to have a lot more going on in there. Like many of your other songs, they can be used as foundations to build some amazing arps, melodies, leads, pads, onto them. Reveal Sound spire has some amazing things that can go onto these tracks. Especially if you grab some 3rd party presets for it. All these things are available on the sister site... free of charge, as long as you know why... :wink:
    People tell me my songs can be more complex all the time. Yes, they can be. They do all have similar if not identical patterns. Some have borrowed chord progressions and all have very similar if not same sounds. Ie: I use this one a lot: Bb Cm7 Absus2 Eb... but often in a different key. Sometimes it will be transposed to E F#m7 Dsus2 A. I've used the same guitar tones for years. You actually have variation to your tones and melodies. My point is, everyone has a place to grow in. I have started practicing with different sounds and different guitar tones and synth sounds. Especially after my little plugin shopping spree, I decided it's time to actually begin exploring newer grounds.
    Keep up the good work, Peter. You're doing just fine! :mates:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
  6. saltwater

saltwater Guest

i like it but wheres the Bass ? :P

7. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I used to do this on the occasion. I also tend to look back and realizing I started. Where this is your latest song, If you go back and listen to the first song you've ever made that you still have a copy of and then listen to this one you created, you may laugh a few times at the oldest song because you'll hear improvement. This, at least for me, builds confidence. Sometimes an old melody will inspire something new for me. This is my progress since 2009 all the way thru 2017, under this particular musical project. The year for each song has been labeled by a synthesized computer voice prior to a clip of the song. LOL!

You're always gonna grow. Your track "Suddenly Summer 2", is gonna be something you look back on one day and think "Gee I've come a long way!" Keep all your DAW projects backed up because I just got done listening to your whole soundcloud. I really liked what I hear! The songs do have potential. You are definitely someone I'm gonna be following on SC! :mates:

8. saltwater

saltwater Guest

i wanted to add some bass, ended up messing around with it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

9. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

@Impressive Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  10. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Nice result, i will definitely keep this mp3! As for the bass i made it like in the original track (low-mid and sides) there is no low bass, but i am still working on the track, everyone's opinion is appreciated and makes me better on my music, thank you @saltwater

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  11. Peter Krav

Peter Krav Producer

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017