woodwinds libraries with legato?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Mr. Mister, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

Hi

anybody knows if exist some library of woodwinds but including legato articulation??

i'm looking for something like cinebrass or orchestral brass classic but for woods....

3. Yubidi

Yubidi Newbie

Maybe I´m not understanding you well...
    But If a library doesn´t have that function/sample-easy-thing.
    You can always do or/and simulate it in your DAW.
    It´s not that difficult.
    To simulate swells, thrills and whatever, is really another thing,.. but legato should be easy, if not provided in library.
    But maybe you´re just asking for a library ?
    I don´t get it, I must say...

4. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

well, yeah i'm looking for a library, but i want the patches to have something to simulate the smooth legato of a real playing (like cinebrass or la scoring strings have)

and i really don't know how to simulate this thing in the daw, but i think that is better to have it done by a sample company because it will be always better than everything that i can try... :dunno:

5. Yubidi

Yubidi Newbie

I Don´t know what you are using, but in your midi editor (in your DAW), you should select those you´d like to be played legato ...
    And in your edit section, you should be able to get them to be played legato.
    Now you just have to really check what´s happening ... and do all of the editing in the midi editor (other velocities,swells and stuff),(shift and move notes/parts ets....modulation and so on and so on..).And sometimes the library let you use the other samplepack too.
    It all depends...., and without a lot of effort, but with some time..;
    It just might sound like the real deal, if you´re getting experienced etc....

But,then again....
    For a real library help..., I´m not of any use, I´m afraid...
    I always do things in midi, when the sounds aren´t there...., with bluffing results.
    Hope someone might be able to help you there...
    :bow:

6. Audio Anarchist

Audio Anarchist Newbie

Symhpobia 2 has legato woodwinds but they are 'ensembles'; the only woodwind sampled solo being the flute. There's also VSL opus 1 flute and clarinet with legato floating around somewhere. :wink:

7. Orwell9788

Orwell9788 Newbie

I've tried a few Kontakt enabled libraries with woodwinds and the with the best smooth transitioning legato I can think of is SoniVox's Symphonic Woodwind Collection, which I think most the links have been deleted here. They sound great and have a nice interface on Kontakt with keyswitches from cross fading legato to staccato, etc. They also aren't soaked in reverb like EWQL woodwinds so they are easy to program a reverb but they also have a nice natural space to them unlike VSL's instruments which sound so dry and harsh. It's very pricey at $995 though so it's an investment unless you search around. A nice alternative is Hollywoodwinds from the people behind Cinebrass. They don't have individual sections like SoniVox and more of an ensemble like Symphobia so you won't be able to have a solo flute, etc. It has some of the best trills, runs and tutti effects though and MUCH cheaper. One thing on here is EWQL Woodwinds. I know I said it's soaked in reverb but I got the Gold edition but the Platinum edition has three different mic positions (Stage, Hall, and Close). I don't know how the close mics sound but the hall one I use in Gold sound lovely, just can't change the reverb. Also it eats up your RAM so hopefully you have a modern computer. The platinum EWQL Symphonic edition is around 140 GB to download so if you can wait, which I didn't want to, it's worth a shot. Hopefully woodwinds will get the attention of advance legato phrasing with samples like LA Scoring Strings and Cinebrass has done for strings and brass respectively. Hope I was able to help :thumbsup:

8. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Newbie

thanks for the answers :mates:

9. mastalogic

mastalogic Member

Ice Samples got all complete legato for woodwinds.
    www.icesamples.com

The flute is already leaked. Check this library out. It has very incredible legato... You got to buy all these and upload here.

10. mastalogic

mastalogic Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E097hdyFMk&feature=related

Check demos.. possibly only true legato for woodwinds in the whole industry

11. Arb

Arb Newbie

Check Westgate

12. lrsdscout

lrsdscout Newbie

The EastWest soundsonline.com stuff has legato and other articulations. Some are good, some are ok. The Vienna (VSL) woodwinds instruments are better, but more complicated to use and might be harder to download.