WinRAR and Spitfire Mural Vol. 1

Discussion in 'PC' started by Diabulus in Musica, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

When I'm extracting the library WinRAR ask me if I want overwrite some files located in Samples/Samples main mics/Violin 2/Vib/pp, the problem is if I open the rar files with WinRAR I don't see any double files in there and if rename the files the only difference between them is the hour it has been created (the original at 8.45 a.m. and the renamed one at 11.46 a.m.). So...which ones are good and where are hidden those files?

Thanks! :dancing:

3. faunus

faunus Ultrasonic

i experience this with almost every realease from magnetrixx ! i extract the files with 7zip and in an instant a message appears and says that the files are corrupted and in the middle of the extraction a message pops up
    and says if i want to replace the corrupted files with new ones ! why this is happening ? why they choose to pack the files like this ?

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I don't understand why some people get that kind of corrupted error while unarchiving, when me and other users never faced this kind of problems, maybe only if a piece of the volumes was missing.

Anyway.. i have a question... When i tried to "ADD LIBRARY" in Kontakt, i get that message with "No library found", even if the .nkr and .nkc are there. In the end i pined the folder in the quick-bar and i was able to use it that way, but i still don't understand why do i get that error even if i have the latest Kontakt version. :dunno: Anybody knows somethin' 'bout it?

5. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

1. No...rar files are all there and none of them is corrupted.

2. You can't add Mural in the Library tab simply because it isn't licensed by NI, if you want add it in the Library tab you need a Wallpaper and a .ninct file! :wink:

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I got it now, thanks! :mates:

7. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Can we please get back to topic? I experienced the same problem as Diabulus. And it has nothing to do with any corrupted files. I belive I had this issue a long time ago with some other lib but cant remember how to solve it. Can it be that i need a newer or older version of winrar?

If someone has a solution it would be nice if you shared it.

For the issues with corrupted files and such its usually third part programs and/or the user settings for expanding them.. But keep that discussion in its own tread. Not complaining just saying :) Getting so messy scrolling throug just to find no solution for what you expected to find..

Vaijj

8. whitePhazer

whitePhazer Newbie

Or, use "Custom Kontakt Library Tool By DoubleY" works every time.

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Evorax
    Guys you know that there are 2 threads that Kontakt Guru set up (one for Mac and one for Windows) to help you with get a library working so Evorax why not post there and see if you can't get some assistance? We actually already have the wallpaper and nicnt, I'm even surprised you didn't know you needed it. That's why it's so valuable that members create them for us. We have many threads here where you can pick up wallpapers and nicnt's and we also have a vast catalog on AudioZ. If you search for the request on AudioZ you will find a few different packages provided.

Vaijj
    Try the new WinRAR version, why are you even using the old version? :dunno:
    If the archive is made on a newer version older versions won't properly work.

10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Thanks alot mate :mates: i checked now, i downloaded the stuff and it fixed everything. :grooves:

I'm surprised too that i didn't know i needed it. :(

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

No problem, glad you got it working. :wink:

12. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

@Catalyst.. I agree there aint no point in using an old version but as I didnt update in a few months and was on 4.5 something I just wondered if it was needed to expand this lib..

Anyhow, I still cant get around the problem with the dublicate file when extracting. It asks the same thing as above and it I ask me to overwrite with a newer version of the file. Same size, just 10 hours between them in the archive.
    Samples main mics\Violin 2\Vib\pp is what i wants to overwrite.

Can someone check what version they have and or if both is needed somehow? Or a solution for it to extract the right way..

Vaijj

13. whitePhazer

whitePhazer Newbie

Try extracting it with 7zip