Windows vsts and crossover on apple silicon

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by 2bab, Jul 18, 2024 at 4:31 PM.

1. 2bab

2bab Newbie

Hi everyone ! I have a macbook pro M1 pro lying around and I have a windows desktop on which i have all of my windows vsts cracks. I'm about to move a lot for work and I'd love to have all my plugins but if I were to buy all the plugins I use on my desktop to use it on my macbook I would more than bankrupt.

My question is the following, would I be able to emulate, say, Soundtoys 5.0 through crossover or rosetta if I were to find a crack for it that is windows based and would it work with fl studio / logic pro x if it is the apple silicon version of the program or do I need to have both the daws / vsts running through crossover?

Have some of you been through this dilemma already and how have you figured it out?
    I've stumbled upon audiogridder and crossgridder but I would have loved to know if some of you people use it daily and how does it work for latency when you record?

I am not sure I am getting everything right because as of right now my understanding is that I could simply install every windows crack on my macbook and not care to look for macos crack that have not been made yet.

Thanks advance for your answers