Windows focus issues in FL 12...

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by filtersweep, Jul 11, 2016.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

ok, this is one of those things that seems utterly trivial but at the same time it is a source of frustration. i am not sure that i had this occurring 11, but when ever i select a window, ( lets say a snapshot from the browser), when ever i click on another window ( e.g. piano roll) the browser will no longer obey the shortcuts. i have a lot of this at the moment, like i used to be able to middle click to open the plugins window, only now, if i try to middle click it flashes the window and then closes again. i am so down the path with workflow that it is probably making me more annoyed than it should do : ( if anyone has the remotest idea what i am on about, i would be grateful ps. and the shortcuts i used previously to open edison no longer work at all... oh , and, and frequently it decides to not detach all windows which on a few occasions left me unable to locate the vst window i had open... thanks

3. statik

statik Audiosexual

copy paste and such also stop working then??

4. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

If the problems are only happening with FL try uninstalling and re-installing it (reboot after re-installing), and if it's happening with other programs as well try a Windows update. Have you got an old graphics card, old computer, low amount of RAM? Your problems sound like OS-related problems, or.... change the batteries in your mouse lol :wink:

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

do u have the browser set in auto?

Auto (scroll) - Automatically opens the Browser based on the function/plugin/focus in FL Studio. Focusing the plugin opens its presets, focusing the mixer opens mixer presets, focusing the Playlist/Piano roll/Event Editor & switching patterns opens the project patterns, undoing/redoing opens the project history and linking a knob to a controller opens the project remote control folder.

Edit: nvm Did not read correctly

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  6. statik

statik Audiosexual

oh hell why didnt i think of this sooner...
    you probably need to turn on the dont allow stealing keyboard focus option in plugin windows
    [​IMG]

7. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i have tried all these suggestions, including the don't allow windows focus, but that is only an option for the plugin wrapper windows, not for the overall interface, but that does not work either.
    i have tried a fresh install and it's behaving the same way, it may be windows problem, i just have time right now for the masochism of trying to work it out.
    thanks for your help anyway .