Windows alternative to Logic X?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Jeremy_H_, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Jeremy_H_

Jeremy_H_ Newbie

Damn, thanks for the quick response guys.

Pro Tools is great. I know people hate it, but, once you get the work flow down and because everyone knows it, it is easy to work with. It does pretty much everything you need for a project...But I hate it at the same time. I hate Avid, It is big, I hate the hardware, it crashes all the damn time, I hate that damn iLok, takes forever to boot up, and I hate working with people that have never worked with it in a studio setting. So to answer you, I use Logic mostly for layering sound design or quick compositional ideas. Sometimes I might use video to sync my sound design before I import it into PT for mixing. MIDI devices are very important for my work. Yes, I am not worried about sending my rough work or sound design as a session file to anyone. I don't use Logic for full sessions. If i need to share my sessions, I use AAF/OMF and the EDL files from the big ProTools sessions if needed. Linear is important. I will never be programming sound design in Ableton for a Post project....could be fun, but not realistic. As I mentioned, music isn't the only thing I do. MIDI device support is important.

Yeah, it is hard not to just go ahead and get it. But a new DAW is intriguing :)

Assholes....I can't wait to be done with Apple. Once I find a new DAW to replace Logic... I am done and will never look back :headbang:

It looks Studio One seems to be getting plenty of votes on this. I'll look into it. I do have a few questions about it though:

Can I assume, that all of my my non AAX plugins will work?

Also, is there a way to use RX4 as my Sample Editor with a quick key like in Logic X?

Does it handle 5.1 or 7.1 well?

How is it with video?

2. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Oops, I think you want Nuendo...