Windows 7 is (still) fine

Discussion in 'PC' started by thantrax, Jun 4, 2017.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    According to the latest data serving from Steam's hardware survey report for May 2017, Windows 10 has a steady base of 50.01% of the pie. 49.05% use the 64-bit version of the OS and 0.96% gamers which utilize the 32-bit version.

Compared to the April report this is 1.06 percentage lower compared to the statistics provided in the April 2017 report. When you peek at Windows 7, it is climbing upwards to 36.75% of surveyed gamers. And 1% is huge when you look at the total install base. Previously that was 35.42% btw. It is an interesting observation, as it really should be the other way around.

[​IMG]

So... the Sun shine, the Moon rise and... in june 2017 Windows 7 fights to stay alive. :phunk:

Source
    guru3d.com

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

nasty, but i like it

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Considering all the *really* nasty stuff Win 10 does in the background without asking or even telling the user, this is just logical.
    Not that Win 7 is totally sane, but all the Win 10 bloatware and irritating services and background communication just made me sick.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

My Win 7 x64 i7 5820K PC runs circles around around most Win 10 DAW's, lol!! Win 10 is wayyyyyyyy to bloated, I'm still shocked so many jumped into that OS, lol.

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

IMO i think it was built for toddlers.

7. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Windows 8 & above have tickless kernels, so are ~10% stock faster on the same hardware. Also, everyone's conviniently forgetting about W8.

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Also based on that graph, i have serious doubts that only 0.88 % of people still use Win Xp. I have one installed on one of my older laptops.
    Many still have it installed on their older gear, many still use it as their main OS.
    I know @SineWave will lead them to the final battle in Mordor, first line of defense, cannon fodder , but brave men.

9. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

MS clearly do not give a damn about a good user expierience or loss of productivity, w10, with all the minor improvements it brings, is kind of an asshole

How many hundreds of millions of companies had losses because their pc was rather updating then doing its job?

Who cares, whatever works works, whatever does not work, does not work