Windows 7 Ice Extreme [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mostwest, May 29, 2015.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I have read too tat Ableton is slow and unstable. But bad multicore management is another thing. For example, Adobe Premiere Pro editing 4K videos is slow, but for sure it balances fine the CPU cores load. Anyway, just saying...

2. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

@Xupito @borgaudio Guys we are OFF TOPIC now. Let's keep this thread only for Windows 7 Ice Extreme. If you have more problem or just wanna talk about Ableton there is an entire section here on Audiosex. Thanks

3. liquid23

liquid23 Member

I have a problem related to Ice Edition AND Ableton...

After some installation problems due to unactive flagged partition and installing the german
    language pack and some problems with italy language I´m impressed from the OS so far...but:

I´m no more longer able to patch the Ableton Suite with the IO patch...what I´m missing?
    It still asks me for authorisation. Tried the latest version as well an older one :woot:

Was sooo looking forward to build a fresh system...and now I´m hooked...

Any advice is apriciated:thumbsup:

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

If you have messed uo to much time with partitions my suggest is to do things again and make sure that everything works fine from the start.

-Flagged partition are for multiple OS on the same machine, if you have 2 Windows or Windows and OSX flagged partition are used to select the main boot partition. If you have more than one OS on your pc you had to make sure that everything was installed fine. Windows 7 tutorial on the web will work also for this.

-I didn't try the german language pack, where did you get that? What kind of problem you are facing.

-If you want to use IO patch you have to make sure to have administrator privilege, every guide on the web shoul do the job. This is a common situation with Win7, the easy solution is to copy the file you want to patch under the desktop, patch it and then copy it back in his folder. I patched S1 without problems, you are probably missing something.

5. liquid23

liquid23 Member

Thanks for that fast reply :)

I just had some problems during the installation...in italy ;) Googled the solution with translation and everything was fine.
    Only problem now is, that Ableton still asks for authorisation after patching. So your advice is to move the Ableton.exe to desktop, patch it there and move it back? As I´m the only user, I guess I´m the administrator, right?

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

The guide that i've created is 100% english no need to google anything, did you follow it?

Yes do like this is the easiest and fastest way. Then you can google for "administrative rights" for Win7 wich is well discussed on the net.

7. liquid23

liquid23 Member

I followed the guide through every single page...and I tried to authorize with administrative rights...I moved the ableton.exe to the desktop...patched it with administrator rights...moved it back...but it still asks for authorisation.

I´m for sure thankful for your share...but I´m stucked...

The IO-patcher says it will create an *.auz file but I can´t find it even when I display the hidden files...and on my other/old system there is no *.auz file founded to recognize the path settings...

8. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

You should ask in the proper section or AudioZ, this is not directly related to this OS but to Ableton crack and i can't help you with Ableton patching since i'm not using it since ages. If you are asked what OS are you using just say Windows 7 Ultimate.

9. liquid23

liquid23 Member

I had no issues so far on a usual Win 7 system...thats why I had the hope, that you could help ;)

10. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i get your point but this is not an error caused by the system or a crash, you aren't able to active ableton so you should ask for help in the right section.

11. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Thanks for the info. I wish I could speak better Italian.

12. Juan Cholbi

Juan Cholbi Newbie

Hey Liquid23, I got the same problem. All you have to do is, after patch with the IO path, go to the place were you have install Ableton:
    C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Program
    Then DRAG and DROP the "Authorize.auz" file into "Ableton Live 9 Suite" .exe file.
    That's all. Your Ableton will be autorized. :)

13. Juan Cholbi

Juan Cholbi Newbie

About Windows 7 Ice extreme install issues:
    If you are going to disable the "windows update" from "services" I recomend to do it after install all the DRIVERS of your computer.
    My drivers wan't install with windows update disable because some of them need install "framework" from microsoft website.
    So also I need to be connected to internet to install the drivers...
    I was getting crazy. Hope this help somebody.

14. ali rast

ali rast Newbie

pls provide a link to 64 bit arastgoftar@yahoocom
    thnx

15. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

I've already written this at the beginning of the guide, if you are making mistakes because you don't take 5 minutes to read the guide basicly is your fault...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  16. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Check your PM

17. murry

murry Member

I would like to try this

18. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Check your PM

19. liquid23

liquid23 Member

Thx...I finally made it! :mates:

20. Christucker1971

Christucker1971 Newbie

Does Any Know where i can Download this to try? Thx for answer :)