Windows 7 Ice Extreme [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mostwest, May 29, 2015.

1. LrenW

LrenW Newbie

Thanks Mostwest for your work and your post!
    Could I have the link too?
    Thanks again!

2. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Best Answer
    READ PLEASE
    I'm gonna stop sharing this at 6-12-2015 as latest day and no more.
    I decided to do in this way since:

-AudioZ & AudioSex members have already view this thread, wich was the main purpose to help the community.
    -As I expected no one really reported any bug or problem directly linked to this MODD.
    -There are too much people register here just to get the release.
    -People who ask me links aren't really download this, i know from download links report... if you are reading this links won't last forever, so if you are interested just take 5 minutes and download the pack...
    -I already share it with enough people.
    -I have a life, can't always go back and replays everyday.
    -This release is from 2011 and now 2016 it's going to start. So it could count as old release now.
    -if you were unlucky to get the guide good look, the ISO is still on the net. But if you have problems i'm not anwer back since there shouldn't be any problems, if something goes wrong you have did something wrong...

3. bountykiller

bountykiller Noisemaker

Thx for this Mostwest.
    Really appreciate
    Have a nice day :bow:

Edit . Works fine for me no problem for installation , thx again Mostwest

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  4. KalmaKidz

KalmaKidz Newbie

This also happened to me in loader run as admin and in advanced options under memory select disable type 4.
    I did research why that was the fix but am unable now to recall why.

P.S. Looks like I have to give one last shout to Mostwest for a trouble free optimised experience.
    Thanks for all the effort and work it's hugely appreciated.

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i'm just copy my answer from 1 page ago.
    -------------------------------

I heard about this problem and it is not related to the language. It's a Microsoft error wich cause also some legit version to appear as not actived.

quick fix: Just open "System" icon on Control Pannel and slide the bar until you reach the bottom of the page, the system should tell you that the system is activated and the error it's gone. (yes, nothing more)

I have 2 PCs with this OS since June, none of them have encountered this. I think is related to something communicating with Microsoft like Silverlight or other shitty stuff. Check wich microsoft app are using your net.

Also running again the activator should fix the problem or you can try another activation application, there should be atleast 3-5 that are working great. I just packed this one since it was quite easy to use and didn't require anything.

You can just use another Win7 activator if this failed

6. chgros

chgros Newbie

Hello

Nice job !

Can i have the link too ?

Thank you

7. Marsupilami

Marsupilami Guest

Hi KalmaKidz, just to make sure I do understand you ...

Your suggestion of final fix is to run loader as admin under memory option disable type 4 ?

8. jiddan

jiddan Newbie

Hi Mostwest!

I would like to try the Windows 7 Ice Extreme edition.

9. lilryu

lilryu Newbie

Thanks for your contribution, Mostwest. Hope I'm not too late, could I get a link?

10. Slider

Slider Producer

Due to getting new hardware together, I've finally loaded this Win7 Ice. The op system loaded flawlessly, problem is I cannot get the system to recognize the language pack. Apparently many have installed this with no issues, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure what I'm doing wrong. Computer is I7, 12GB ram and installed on new hard drive partition.
    Followed guide to a tee. Computer is offline during entire install.

My problem begins at Post-Installation:
    • From desktop, double clicked on provided Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64 SP1 pack & it installed with no errors.
    • From desktop, double clicked windows6.1-kb2483139-x64-en-us_9b9c8a867baff2920507fbf1e1b4a158572b9b87 English language pack. It appeared to install with no errors. When installation ended it never asked me to do anything, so I rebooted.
    • System did not boot up with the English Language set up displayed as shown in the guide.
    • Manually went to Region & Language and followed directions in additional two screenshots to setup language as english.
    Nothing I have done will change the language to English. I have tried this install twice now and end up with same result....no english!

I hope someone will have some ideas as to what is going wrong and would appreciate all responses!

11. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Have you tried to reinstall SP1 platform update reboot and then install the language pack? If you can't see english language on the region section, you must have made a mistake somewhere. I tried this guide step-by-step 3 times all 3 times worked without problems. My suggest is just to another fresh install of the OS just to make sure that everything is installed correctly. Then if this doesn't work you could connect it thru the net and ask to Windows Update to install the language pack for you.

Make sure that you haven't missed any step. Some people reported back that they haven't had any problems as for me.

12. Slider

Slider Producer

Apparently I did everything right except the sequence of steps in the Region & Language setup portion. After following your additional steps, I simply started there and now I have English. Never thought I needed spoon fed to load & setup a language pack but apparently I did.:bleh:

So I want to say thanks to you Mostwest for your time, efforts and patience in putting this complete package together and sharing it. I appreciate your help and everything you've done for everyone! :wink:

Peace brother!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  13. invisiblenigma

invisiblenigma Newbie

Mostwest, I have a version of Windows 7 called windows 7 eternity. It won't allow me to update to sp1. I've purchased some new hardware that's not compatible apparently. Technical support is telling me I need sp1. Could I get a link please? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

14. Rogerio Matod

Rogerio Matod Newbie

Thanks Mostwest !
    Could I have the link too?
    Thanks!

15. MrT

MrT Newbie

If any of you guys who were fortunate to get this in time has the installation, please share. I arrived late and always dreamed of a crap-free OS.
    (apologies if this breaks the rules)

16. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

@MrT and everyone else asking, google it, it is still out there, just not here

17. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

Use windows 10 is amazing and fast than ever.

There is a way you can get windows 10 Pro legit free.
    Install one of those Win 7 Ultimate from internet(from -=TEAM OS=-) then it will update it to win 10 pro.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  18. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Nop, nop windows 10 really, really avoid it, terrible OS, really.

Regarding the watermark issue coming back, I did many tries because it kept coming back and finally I patched it once again with DAZ loader and the option I checked wasn't "Disable type 4" but "legacy mode" (for me "disable type 4" was already checked by default and it didn't change anything to the problem). After a reboot, and since two days the watermark didn't come back (usually after a reboot it comes back right away).
    Strangely I had to put back my system in French keyboard because after the patching with DAZ loader it came back to qwerty (english keyboard). So I wonder if it wasn't the French langage pack I downloaded on Microsoft website who had this watermark thing included...
    Anytway thanks for all the instructions and for pointing to that great W7 version , I've run many modded, modified, codded windows (even did some myself), and it is by far the best.
    It's very fast and (except this watermark thing now solved) is completely bug free. My DAWs, prod and mixing tools have never been so stable and fast. Thanks !

Edit : never mind the thing just came back...I really don't have any more guess on what could fix permanently this little bug, going to system as Mostwest indicated still works until reboot...As long as it is actually activated, I'm fine with it. :yes:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  19. daniel88v8

daniel88v8 Noisemaker

20. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

Too late to catch a download of this I'm really interested.