Windows 7 Ice Extreme [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mostwest, May 29, 2015.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Check your PM
    There are tons of guide and YouTube videos wich are already good, but you can start asking help here on Ableton section or on the Ableton forum. They are gonna help you as soon as possible.

2. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Check your PM
    Then there is no reason to install the x86 OS

3. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

I have struggle with my heavy Win 7 version and Ableton. Lots of pop and clicks in audio production :-(
    I want try something light, this looks promising. Any chance to get this version?

4. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

Thank you bro

5. Ash

Ash Rock Star

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

@Mostwest you were right. I probably confused this one with another Win 7 modded. All updates works :like:

@borgaudio Besides the universal Windows optimization tips I can advance you the most valuable for audio software: set the windows priority option from programs to background services, since ASIO drivers are background processes. You can set this in System Properties->Advanced Settings->Performance

7. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

Thank you I find and changed that option. I hope that my DAW will response bit faster :-/ It' s sick, i have i5 3350P proc, 16gb ram and i can't hold asio sound crad buffer on 128 without cracks and pops :-/ I think thatmy Win version is to big

8. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Wow, with 16Gb is highly unlikely that the problem is RAM.

Also the i5 are pretty fast for many audio uses. If you've a laptop it will bé a little slower, but not much when plugged in high perfomance plan. But if you use many CPU eaters plugins almost every CPU ends surrendering.

Anyway, why don't you monitor CPU and RAM usage with task mànager while you've this pops?

10. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

yes, there is lots of plugins . In task manager; On heavy projects with lots of plugins cpu is on 50% ram is only on 4,40GB. It is likely that problem is in CPU and lots of plugins. I will tray to install this slim version of Win. Who knows maybe will help :)

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

If the CPU usage peaks doesn't reach 90% or more the problem is not the CPU. How many cores has your i5 CPU? Check that multicore use is enabled in your DAW settings.

12. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

This could not be totally true, Ableton is one of the daw heavier on CPU compared to other daws. Maybe the overall usage is 40% but one of the core is maxed... to @borgaudio audio you need to make sure that everything is correct in your daws settings then check your CPU settings in Bios to make sure that everything is setup correctly, second place if you are using tons of plugins just raise your buffer settings.... i always used 512-1024 and sometimes 2048 and never had a problem. Another solution could be check wich plugins are using too much CPU, i know because Spire for me is one of them, if you stress one core you are stressing the all CPU. Also bouncing stuff will help you to go with your project. But again i'm not using Ableton since v8 you should ask help in the right section, some guys knows Ableton in and out, they can help you...

13. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

3 cores

14. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

When i used boffer above 128 there is lot of latency when I play midi controller. Everyony says that is Ableton make too much preasure on CPU. But i love workflow in Ableton, it so simple compare to another DAW-s

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  15. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

bounce stuff

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I said 90% because at least studio one 2 even in small projects balances core loads almost equally. It's impossible to balance perfectly equal, so I said 90%.
    Perhaps the great multicore load balance I get is because the plugins I use. I don't know

17. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

Bounce in Ableton is nightmare :-/ So slow, but I think it is only solution. Maybe I start using S1 daw with Ableton

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

yeah every daw do things in a different way when it comes to CPU load, Logic locate every plugin of a channel strip to the same core.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Every DAW manage on its way, that's normal. But if Ableton can fully load a core while only loading 30% another... For me it's inefficient programming. Or like I said earlier I'm just lucky with my projects plugins scenario.

20. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

Im not expert but when comes to stability and speed Ableton is very bad. I was doing parallel test Ableton and REaper and REaper is winner but is very bad with workflow. Reaper is so light in installation. Ableton is my guilty pleasure. He has beautiful options like: save chain presets, midi editing, clip launcher, audio editing, warping...