Windows 7 Ice Extreme [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mostwest, May 29, 2015.

1. Ash

Ash Rock Star

Alright, thank you. Will see because it tempt me quite strongly!:rofl:

2. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Nice to see anime fellows ;)

I haven't tried video editing, but it should be fine. The main thing always, specially with this one that doesn't cut functionalities, is configure services/components, specially services.

If your current Windows works fine don't change it. Besides, I never recommend use a modded Windows alone. That's why I keep a "normal" Windows in my desktop. Sooner or later some problem will or could pop up. For example, in this one some updates won't install. It's a minor issue, but you can't be sure let's say a possible SP2 would install properly.

Yeah, that "barely" should be "none" ;-)

3. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Well using this since May/June. So far i didn't encounter any troubles caused by the modded version only small issues related to any Win7 version , i know this because before i used RC1 and Home Premium for about 5-6 years.

Can you point me wich updates won't install? Are you talking about offline updates or thru Windows Update?

4. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

I have struggle with my heavy Win 7 version and Ableton. Lots of pop and clicks in audio production :-(
    I want try something light, this looks promising. Any chance to get this version?

5. Ash

Ash Rock Star

Yeah good anime love his overkill masters! :)

Thank you for the feedback. I will keep the one installed for now as Mostwest also advised me, given that I have already configure services and functionalities, lazy to do it yet again. Meanwhile, I keep it warm, it will be useful one of these days.
    And thanks again Mostwest for this cool share.:wink:

6. daniel88v8

daniel88v8 Noisemaker

hi
    i want to upgrade to windows 7 64 but i only have two gigabytes fo ram. and i read that W7 64 eat much more RAM.
    do you think that w7 ice 64 would work fine with 2G of ram? thanks
    pd: my pc: Intel Celeron E3200 @ 2.40GHz, 2G RAM, W7 ultimate x86.
    i use this pc for record guitar , superior drummer, guitar rig etc... ,with reaper that is very very light on resources, and works very good. but i want to try revalver 4 and its only available for x64 (cracked :thumbsup:).
    thanks.

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

It can't do miracles but I can tell you that for 2GB is the best Windows x64 I've tried hands down. If you only want to change to use a x64 plugin try first this nice utility called jBridge that makes x64 VSTs x32 compatible. You'll save a lot of time.

Besides, if you switch your audio soft to x64 the RAM usage will increase notably. In my laptop I use the x64 Ice Extreme for non audio related reasons, but I use x32 software always unless I have no choice.

Edited: and remember that there's a 32 bit version of this Windows 7 Ice Extreme ;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Damn I didn't read this before.

I haven't updated it myself because often ends in more RAM footprint but I read somewhere that 3 (maybe 4 or 5, but always under 6) updates won't install. Sorry but I don't remember where, probably in a t0rrent site comment section. I do remember that the user said these updates could be installed offline with a little tweaking. It also could be in a DD italian site, I did some research and I dived in several sites.

The official site seems down. Do you know if there is a new one?

Edited: I will install the updates in my Desktop PC which is the one I'm using now but I want to do a full system backup first. Anyway, it would be an offline update since I'm currently a poor netless guy :_( (recently moved, I'm abusing my cell tethering right now lol).

On the other hand the cool WSUS utility I use for offline updating works like an online Windows Update emulation, so it could be a valid test.

9. daniel88v8

daniel88v8 Noisemaker

yes, but the plugin is only x64 and i have x86 , and i think that i cannot install x64 programs in a x86 system?
    i know that this is not the best situation for install x64.

10. big-t247

big-t247 Noisemaker

Hi Mostwest i like the look of this release seems like some italian farrari performance power windows.I checked this windows from the net it's on torrent ,just to be shure couold you send me the link to download this please.I have Windows 7 Ice Extreme.

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Oops, now you caught me. Probably you can't.

So at the end you should install a x64 Windows indeed. You could go for all x64 audio software or you could install x32 soft like me, using jBridge to convert Revalver 4 x64 to x32. It's the only guitar software cr@cked that runs only in x64.

12. CrucialTaunt

CrucialTaunt Noisemaker

Hi, mostwest. I would love to give this a try

13. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

If your CPU support x64 OS then go for x64 OS, if your CPU supports only x86 OS then go for the x86 OS and install Jbridge to use x64 plugins.

14. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Well maybe they didn't install SP1 platform update wich is required by some updates( including new languages). Except for that importat updates wich could be essential for some applications are ".Net Framework" updates, besides that everything else is just random updates to windows defender,malaware protection, Internet explorer. So nothing really essential. If you want to try install updates go for Net framworks ones (the latest one should contain also the other but i'm not sure).

Yes, the official site is down.

15. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Check your PM

16. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

CHeck your PM

17. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Instead of getting a new OS you should check your settings, pop and clicks aren't caused by the OS.

18. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

Do you have any good tutorial for manage DAW computer?
    Thanks

19. daniel88v8

daniel88v8 Noisemaker

yes the cpu supports x64 I would love to give this a try. thanks

20. borgaudio

borgaudio Newbie

I would also love give this a try. Thank you