Windows 11 - issues, not working apps, etc…

Discussion in 'PC' started by nmkeraj, Apr 20, 2023.

1. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

I have just got frustrated by the new system… after moving my audio setup from Windows 10 to Lenovo Legion S7 with Intel SST audio and Windows 11. I will describe issues and warn the others. If anybody encounter the same or has got a solution, please, write here.

1. ASIO4All doesn’t switch from laptop speakers to headphones automatically while using DAW (Ableton 10 and 11). To make headphones work there must be speakers deactivated in ASIO4ALL manually.

2. FL Studio ASIO driver gives no sound.

3. My lovely Novation X-Station is not working. Its ASIO driver mutes the sound like FL Studio ASIO driver above. And using ASIO4ALL with X-Station activated gives distorted sound on speakers.
    (This is probably known issue in Win 10 and 11 as Novation told me. But Win 10 worked well.)

4. Celemony 4, IL Harmor and IL Harmless VST plugins don’t work.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I assume you’ve turned off all exclusivity settings in both your DAW and system audio settings?

4. %

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2023
  5. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Settings? Of course. What worked in Win 10 in old HP laptop is not working in Lenovo

Windows 11 Home.

Even ASIO4ALL devs are aware of the Intel SST audio problem. But their solution doesn’t work.

F***! Everybody is aware but nobody does anything to repair issues.

Novation: “it appears that this is related to an issue that a recent build of Windows 10 introduced that is also present in Windows 11. The behaviour of this issue is that the audio will come into the DAW and meter but it will not come back out”

Intel SST f***ed up the things

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  6. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

No disrespect intended but WHY the seemingly unwarranted switch to win11 in the first place? If you have a backup image of your win10 system, personally I would nuke win11 off the machine and go back to win10. Unless the lenovo hardware doesn't have win10 driver support? That would be a showstopper...

7. GeoffreyMcJefferson

GeoffreyMcJefferson Kapellmeister

Did somebody force you to switch to Windows 11? There is literally no reason to upgrade. Especially when it's a piece of shit OS like Windows 11. Just use a debloated Windows 10 and be happy with it or switch to Linux.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

The new machine with Windows 11 are sold like this. I didn’t switched or updated the system. I didn’t mention anything about it.

Anyway, I have just discovered tons of complaints about ASIO AND INTEL SST incompatibility on the internet

9. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Yes. They sell the hardware with the OS on it already. BUT, you can nuke that system off there rather easily, and if you were to grab the working win10 image from the old machine you can bare metal restore it to the new one and cludge the drivers in afterwards. The new machine would have to have WORKING win10 driver support in order to do that though. That may or may not be an option depending on the OEM.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. RachProko

RachProko Producer

Not necessarily at this time but the end of Windows 10 is creeping up....So the reason to upgrade is to be prepared before it ends.

Windows 10 Releases support

Version
    Startdate Enddate
    Version 22H2 18 okt 2022 14 mei 2024
    Version 21H2 16 nov 2021 13 jun 2023
    Version 21H1 18 mei 2021 13 dec 2022
    Version 20H2 20 okt 2020 10 mei 2022

12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Those support end dates mean nothing. it's just your regular Microsoft fear-mongering horror show to make as much people shit their pants because otherwise what? Hackers will hack your computer or something? :) Ridiculous. One should use what works best and least troublesome, regardless of corporate fear mongering. Their job is to make everybody switch as soon as possible because shareholders don't wait and there's never enough money to feed their hungry arses. :sad:

Anyway, these problems seem to stem mostly from all the bloat they install by default in the shop. It is always best to install a fresh OS when you buy a new computer. What shit they install and how they install it is another kind of horror show. :)

Just install fresh OS (I would suggest Windows 10), nicely optimise it for audio and everything will be more than fine. It is quicker and easier to do that than troubleshoot an already fkd-up OS.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Considering the sheer number of win7, vista, and even xp and win9xx class machines that are still out there having 0 (zero) issues (the only other issues being lack of parts in case of hardware failure and driver support) pretty much blows the whole "upgrade or die" mentality out of the water. These ludicrous notions all being advocated by the planned obsolescence crowd (the OEMs and hardware manufacturers)...

Time goes on and advances are made, machines get faster and more powerful. It's inevitable that for the things and applications that need it the modern machines are an order of magnitude more capable than a P3 with 2MB of ram running win9x. But buying into all the industry garbage about "you must do this or that or ELSE" is a faerie tale that has been proven false many times over.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  14. RachProko

RachProko Producer

I actually fully agree with you! I still have one system running 1909. I was just stating what's expected of us docile Microsoft users. :)