Windows 10 what to know?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mostwest, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Dont bother,he just likes to sweep threads and dislike shit,but other than that hes a hell of a guy.

2. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

I'm waiting for the day where Win 10 is time-bombed and Cortana says: 'hey you, you where offline for to long, we need an important update.'

Until now it's Sci-Fi, but who knows. We have seen so many bogus actions by MS these days.

But you are right, your solutions is the only one I could imagine to do so in 4 or 5 years.
    Assuming meanwhile MS trusted computing does not destroy this plan.

@Von_Steyr: Thank you for the ignore list suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Erik_Menton

Erik_Menton Producer

no, i actually press agree as much as i press disagree, he kept editing the message so it's hardly what i pressed disagree to in the first place , but i rarely agree with conspiracy theories (wich was the original message, lots of claim and 0 evidence), i may be naive, it's prefectly fine calling me that but i have the right to disagree, and i would have said the reason except i saw it was a waste of time when i read "I know every fact of this topic in detail"... arguing with internet experts was funny when i was 20, now it's an old cliché..

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Well i agree,your arguments are valid.

5. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

If you have an old computer without a dedicated graphics card, check to see if it's possible to find and install an open GL driver, as the windows 10 one doesn't support open GL.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. jack sprat

jack sprat Newbie

yes it is obvious.......just do not have your daw online ever

7. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Im slightly off topic with what im gonna say so ill apologise first...
    My win 7 lappy is trying to force an update to 10 ....I have disabled the updater and scheduler thinking this would remedy the problem..
    But then this morning win 10 Downloaded itself and i have the update indicator lit informing me that it will start when i restart my machine...
    So what ive done is delete the last update leading to this ,and ive ran dsk cleanup on sys files to rid myself of the win 10 setup....
    But i find myself in a precarious position that im still unsure if this will solve it ......
    Do any of you know if what im saying seems logical coz an informed opinion would be real helpfull before i restart the machine.....

Thanx...

8. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

Microsoft is now in a strategy to acquire maximum of data on people. They just bought linkedin and the vision behind windows 10 is to get as much info as possible on the user, profile the user, sell the data, etc, in order to pay for the software. So you'll have to trust Microsoft, there's not much you can do to avoid it.

9. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

There are several technics described to avoid the update. In this forum too.
    Asuming you did not what you had to do, for example using 'Never10', 'Win10-unfuck', other tools, or do some regedit manuell and for example
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3021917 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664 /norestart

...I would see how I can delete the downloaded Win 10 files, since it can not install what not exist (offline, by external booting and mounting via Bios).
    I would search for the right file names by Google. I would look for other people with the same problem too.
    There is a dedicated file-structure responsible for the Win 10 install, but I forgot the name/path, since I blocked it via regedit.
    Easy to find via Google.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    • List
  10. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

In future- people with Linkedin-account, Win 10, Facebook, and other social-accounts are the most transparent persons on earth, including there résumé etc..

That's true.:wink: To avoid it, just don't use it (with your real personal data).

PS: The trick of the LinkedIn-acquisition for MS is, it instantly provides historical personal data of mostly good earning people, with probably more quality then for example Facebook's relatively unstructured timeline.

They say they want to diversify there business with this step...ha ha ha.:rofl:

They announced seamless integration of LinkedIn into MS Office too.

So Office now not only knows who you are, it also knows who you was before- while reading your E-Mails.

From the view of surveillance, there is currently no better 360 degree solution on market.

I can't believe it. But it's true.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  11. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Hey thanx for the help....And no ive not used "never 10 etc" "Actually if im honest i dont know what those are" I i think its ok now, its just that i initially did have it all disabled,So when it actually dl,ed win 10 and attempted the install it took me by surprise because as far as i was concerened that wasnt possible ,but here we are he he
    Finally the update indicator has dissapeared and the fact it was gonna install upon restart is finally resolved touch wood...
    But thankyou if it comes back i know what to do Cheers!!...............

12. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

You could finally look if there is some GWX-crap left on your computer...
    • C:\Windows\System32\GWX
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GWX (in 64-bit systems only)
    http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-get-windows-10-app-and-its-icon-from-taskbar/

And If so, you can use this- it's the easiest one (it has one button logic):

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Caution: Never10 does what it says in its name.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  13. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

In this case, is apple OS better than Ms Windows?

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

Ask yourself...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

We should slowly move to Linux and try to emulate Win and OSX on it to use our music- and other software.

16. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

After reading thru this im pretty confident i'll stick with my Win7 untill 2020. atleast!:wink:
    cheers for all knowlledge!

17. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

18. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

Worse. I noticed today after an update that I didn't authorize, nor expect it could get..., that "TrustedInstaller.exe" can't be internet blocked or deleted from processes, but you CAN stop it's service, in effect deleting the process.
    @MicroSoftON := "Dumb as a bag of rocks."

Do they just try less hard, or are they that fk'ing stupid?

You don't stop TrustedInstaller.exe as well, it will still install anything MicroSoftON wants or is directed to place on your computer.

I'm already a grey hat, they better freakin stop this rapacious behavior. (Avatar notwithstanding, "nothing to see here, move along, move along...")

If stealing a song or a movie is a criminal act, going into my computer without my specific permission, changing data on my computer without notice, is a criminal act.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  19. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

What to know else?

Well, there seems to be a 'virus' in the MS HQ itself.

...now we know the new business model.:guru:

20. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

Jasmine, What about Mac OSX El capitan , doesn't apple do the same too?