Windows 10 update will increase number of plugins you can run in DAWs

Discussion in 'PC' started by The Pirate, Jan 11, 2019.

1. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Who uses so many plugins the OS cant handle it?

Therapy?:rofl:

2. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

@Pete Brown Definitely welcome! Your Audio Guruness is much appreciated here! :mates:

3. GrandRiggity

GrandRiggity Newbie

Should we update to this now or wait for any bugs to be sorted? Will this effect any of my previously installed plugins?

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Running this OS at the very moment, no big of a deal, i do a lot of mixing, and i can't seem to gain anything by updating, quite the other way around, the 1809, booted faster, loaded things faster, and smoother in general compared to this, still early to give a full statement, if you guys are interested, i'll post my thoughts after a while of testing it...

5. beatletown

beatletown Guest

I agree.
    Power users doing large projects for film or orchestral are the ones who will mostly benefit from it.

Common users who cant get it done with the 128fls limit arent doing something right.

Joey Ramone " Hey guys, we cant write this great punk song today, we just hit the damn fls limit"
    Imagine the number of songs we could write if werent born in the digital age, lets just give up."

6. G String

G String Rock Star

Indeed.

At the same time, I don't at all mean to disparage tech guys, or tech itself. I didn't make that clear and I should have. I didn't mean to just piss on folks' strawberries. Rather I was wanting to make the case for music itself against the pernicious promises of tech which tempt us all to believe "if only I had another plugin" rather than actually working at the music itself.

In passing, I see today on the news rejoicing about an electronic notepad that - can you believe it! - works under water!!! Oh wow! Just what I've always needed! I've often been scuba-diving and needed to write a shopping list! Now I can. My life is almost complete! All I have left to want is a toaster connected to the internet........then I can be truly happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. shomyca

shomyca Producer

I presumed that is the case, and I'm ready to swallow this inconvenience in favor of stability.

As many ppl, I had unfortunate experiences with Windows 10 updates that made my system unusable a few times, and different reasons don't allow me to leave my master/DAW system 100% offline. So I'm not sure what I'm missing with LTSB (hope it's nothing audio performance-wise), but I'm seeing it as a more stable version that is getting all the critical updates but not the risky stuff that would mess with my system's stability.

Maybe it was a wrong choice but that is what I went for with the last reinstall.

Thanks Pete!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. cemster

cemster Member

I would have to agree with you. There are times my life is ruined by Windows. And of course, I had something to do with it too but I wish I didn't feel repelled with MACOS vibe...

But the stability is far more superb than any windows I had. and I had'em all... Considering I started with Voyetra on Dos...
    Also, this is not a PC that wants to have fun it's a workhorse that doesn't need much of a feeding...

I wonder how soon this new LTSC offers the 19H1 version of Windows, some search needed to be done...

9. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

i run win 10 fast and lean....i followed this vid and highly recommend it......goodbye updates and windows firewall forever