Windows 10 / Cubase 5 - NO DISK..!!!

Discussion in 'PC' started by Sam Mathew, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Sam Mathew

Sam Mathew Ultrasonic

wooaaahhhh.... well u got that right.... i AM USING DAEMON TOOLS PRO...
    will try to mod it or will leave it and get "your one"....:wink:

2. Sam Mathew

Sam Mathew Ultrasonic

Well now it's working fine....
    I too was thinking of downgrading back to W7.... but i dont want to end up losing my GENUINE license....
    any one of you guys know how to use my current license and downgrade because last time i checked, windows have changed their digital certificate method or some thingy like that....

3. Sam Mathew

Sam Mathew Ultrasonic

Well what i did was i uninstalled the ONE from AiR's package and downloaded the whole HALIONONE setup from their site.... and then i ran their emulator and now it seems to be working fine....
    anyway thanks....:mates:

4. Jeandasada

Jeandasada Newbie

w10-cubase5.jpg
    Win10 64, Cubase 5 (portable), Amplitube, EZ Keys...all without problems.

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I've installed Cubase 5(x86) on Win 10 x64. It's running w/o problems. And 8.0 + 8.5 (x64) side by side as well.
    I think, most of the problems people with windows 10 have, result from updating from a prior version. All problems a given installation has plus the new problems MS "implements", are transferred to the new installation and are multiplied with each update (upgrade) rendering a system unusable.
    It's easy to do a clean W10 installation (just by generating a GenuineTicket.xml).
    So an update has never been an option for me and so I didn't have any problems with W10 at all (besides the homephoning "functionality" of course)
    So if you fear @Sam Mathew, to lose your legit Windows by downgrading to W7 (i don't think so), you can save a backup of the full system before downgrading. And if a problem occurs, you can go back to that point.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. Sam Mathew

Sam Mathew Ultrasonic

based on the amount of people referring to W7, i'm starting to think about it....
    will try to find a way to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a Windows 7 one....:yes:

7. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

try this:

open dos

format c:

8. oscill8r

oscill8r Member

If you upgraded to Windows 10 it is licenced via a "Digital entitlement" licence, forever, and is stored on Microsoft Activation licence servers. Provided you do not change too much hardware you can reinstall as many times as you like.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/activation-in-windows-10

You can reninstall Windows 7, 8, 8.1 to 10 and back again as many times as you like, the licencing of your previous windows will be dependent on wether it was OEM i.e. branded like HP, Sony, Dell etc. in which case all you will need is the reinstall media as the licence information required is stored within the BIOS / media. If you purchased retail then you can use your key.

9. Sam Mathew

Sam Mathew Ultrasonic

well actually i have a summer tour coming up and i think i'll let it stay (W10) and then i'm thinnking of reverting back to W7 as i don't want to start re-installing drivers and stuff...!!! :facepalm: