Windows 10 build 1903 showing huge latency spikes...SOLVED!

Discussion in 'PC' started by Daskeladden, May 29, 2019.

1. DJK

DJK Rock Star

shit and it go on

2. DJK

DJK Rock Star

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that will do for me

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

seems that different peoples test have different driver issues, all i did was disable built in gpu and audio, and im leaving it that way now,

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

yes DJK, thats the best u can get. I use a NV 1050TI. You might consider to deactivate the audio driver on the Graphicscard too. If its a Music "Machine" only.

I repeat it again, i worked on this problem for a very long time and with a lot of different Computers and Windowsversions, mostly AMD CPUs and Gigabyte Mobos.
    I can confirm, that the NVidida driver issue seems to be "solved"(its the integrated audio)which also was a pain in the a... for some time
    Also storeahci.sys seems to be usable now.
    The critical drivers left are Ntoskernel and Wdf01000.sys and dxgkernel.sys which are not possible to "deactivate"and based on the OS.

Tomorrow i start new experiments with AMD 8core 8350 +Graphicscard RX580 and a brandnew WIn 10 setup (1809 based).

oh btw. i am using a TI based FW Card to run my ALESIS IO26. I can confirm works perfect, even if the drivers are from 2010. I sold my RME 802 at a high price after finding out, the old IO26 does very well.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Did you try to restart pc and take test for at least 10 minutes? Do that a couple of times. I know that my issues are not internal gpu and audio

6. DJK

DJK Rock Star

[​IMG]
    not going to get better than this, all drives removed

7. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Did you remove all drives in Device Manager? Not sure what you mean when you say all drives removed

8. DJK

DJK Rock Star

no all external drives, and disabled others in device manager,

9. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Okay, I have no external drives.

10. Jazz-N-Stuff

here are explanations for other users running into problems and are new to this issue:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Procedure_Call
    in simple words, due to IRQ issues (win 1998 users and XP users might remember IRQ problems) there are "interrupts" and these can cause audio dropouts, if you just use a DAW and record music, because its a continuous stream.
    These interrupts can be short and handled well , or really long like 1 sec and then u get into real problems.

My son is a hardcore gamer (CS) and he has similar issues, where he told me the PC freezes for like 0,2 seconds, which means dead in this game... I am not sure if this is related and exactly our problems but his latencymon shows large spikes too.
    There is a relationship with hardware and drivers and WDF01000.sys which is mostly the biggest problem.
    The hardware like lan cards/ USB or even our Soundcard drivers kinda "triggers" WDF01000.sys
    This is an explanation why it differs on every PC.
    I found out deactivating the LAN Card helped a lot, just pulling the LAN cable doesnt work! Same for WIFI i assume.

11. LuaOle

LuaOle Noisemaker

(1.) When it comes to any OS updates or betas on a Production Computer, "newest" never means the latest and greatest. Only update if there's a fix for a particular problem on your computer. If you're not having issues then leave your computer alone.

(2) A Production Computer should only be used for... wait for it... Production. If you're using it as a General Computer then check on ALL the background processes it's handling.

12. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

So somebody over at Gearslutz tested the latency with Microsoft's own latency tester:
    Windows ADK (Windows Performance Toolkit)
    Here are the quote of the comment:
    So not just an Latencymon issue

13. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

So here is sort of a fix that tame the spikes to around 600-700

-open powershell as admin
    -type 'Disable-MMAgent -mc'
    -reboot
    (to renable use the command 'Enable-MMAgent -mc' instead)

[​IMG]

Still not sure what Disable-MMAgent -mc does to my system but it has something to do with:

14. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

15. OK Memory Compression is a sort of 'improved' page swapping used under Windows to provide fast, efficient memory swapping without using the disc. If you bring up Performance Monitor->CPU it will tell the amount of memory used and (in brackets compressed) on your system. It's designed to be very fast so should only become a performance issue on very, very heavily stressed machines. Switching it off will throw the OS back on to using disk swapping for memory management and so will dramatically slow effected applications down comparred to memory compression but should place almost no stress on the interrupt lines. Mem Compression has been in WIn 10 since the get go, so the latency issues your seeing has been introduced in the latest update. My gut instinct is they've done something to the network stack.

16. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

Can't find the WiFi cable, help!

Are bad jokes a bannable offense?

17. Jazz-N-Stuff

18. evolasme

evolasme Producer

Yippie!!!!! Microsoft fixed it the new update dated 6/26/2019 for your machine http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=1903
    between this and changing out my Nvidia card for an AMD, this thing is dead silent for over an hour, not one spike!!!!!!!!

the highest measured interrupt is 114 and ISR is 43. DPC 235 (ntoskrnl surprise surprise)

Happy Dance!!!!

19. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

got screwed by Microsoft windows 1903. now i wonder why it sucks a lot. so it is not only me. everyone has the same problem but the only thing is how i am going to fix anything ? I've to delete omnisphere and also keyscape to move my data to HDD first. and yes i hear lots of random clicks and hiss or airy sound in fl. it even renders it -_- BTW it was running way too smooth in windows 1809 and also how do i stop the windows update? it seems impossible to stop automatic updates so.