WIN10 services nobody needs on audio puter...pls share your knowledge

Discussion in 'PC' started by Gyro Gearloose, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

:mad::drummer::cheers:
    enterprise ltsc is the way to go..i pm you when i got email from task force for
    enterprise ltsc lite plus 1909 [oprekin].... newest i think...
    here a not ntlite processed 1809 ... is from 2018 or so...its from ms link and also tested with sha verfier
    ntlite you can find on rutra

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. poly

poly Platinum Record

At the latest the next cumulative Windows update is checking in! :/

3. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

im not sure if what im about to say can be trasfered to win 10, coz its sumthing i did on win 7>>

I disabled acpi control method battery
    Intel managment engine interface..

I was having alot of problems with audio, pops n stutters , serious lag n latency too coupled with extremeley high cpu usage
    I googled the problem and what i mentioned above was recommended as a possible soloution

I was seriously surprised to see that those issues dissapeared completely..

Dunno if that can be applied to win 10 with the same outcome though!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Thanx i appreciate that my friend:mates:

5. Gyro Gearloose

bout win 10 enterprise ltsc 1809 and 1909
    ]From Insider's Preview build 18312 and forth, Win10 has raised the audio plugin socket limit siginificantly. Any previous Win10 can easily hit a ceiling with many plugs :
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18312/
    From 1903 and forth, Win 10 includes Windows Sandbox which when enabled can run applications in isolation, just like a VM.
    Version 1909 nice new feats are Windows Virtual Desktop but most important is Favored CPU Core Optimization (for Intel cpus, most likely soon to be delivered for AMD cpus too) :
    "This version of Windows 10 will include optimizations to how instructions are processed by the CPU in order to increase the performance and reliability of the operating system and its applications.

When a CPU is manufactured, not all of the cores are created equal. Some of the cores may have slightly different voltage and power characteristics that could allow them to get a "boost" in performance. These cores are called "favored cores" as they can offer better performance than the other cores on the die.

With Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0, an operating system will use information stored in the CPU to identify which cores are the fastest and then push more of the CPU intensive tasks to those cores. According to Intel, this technology "delivers more than 15% better single-threaded performance".

6. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yeah i couldnt agree more
    Basically ive a laptop i dont really care about, that im using now, which is for browsing n downloading plugz etc etc.
    And i just transfer the file/files over to my desktop d.a.w pc after scanning em..

7. Lock it down

Lock it down Ultrasonic

:scrapbox: 75 for me. Total CPU use with those 75 running, 2 different browsers with a buttload of tabs open, management console & snipping tool: 0% (ZERO PERCENT).
    [​IMG]
    By disabling some of those services, I might be able to drop my CPU load from 0% to ... -0%?
    Sure, back when it sorta made sense & (arguably) mattered: :guru:my CPU had one core, i was dual-booting some gaymer XP and and 2000 server. Spent more time benching/clocking/waterblock-all-the-thinging/dicking around with OS than anything else.
    Could've disabled them right away if you just used Google :winker:
    [​IMG]
    Don't get me wrong, not saying you shouldn't bother -- am totally into doing pointless shit for the fun of it, as long as it's fun:shalom:

8. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

only deleted service component is 100 never runnin :thumbsup: more easy to disable- less test require inside virtual- less struggle

9. Rorer

Rorer Guest

Always check the Disc activity, with SSD it's more difficult. That's why i have no SSD or NVME in my system.
    I can hear them, and track them.
    For instance, i heard my HD did some strange moves.
    I was able to locate that and correct that.
    Nowdays with SSD , all is "ok" and no sound. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2020
  10. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

No need to go smartass on me by implying I didn't make an effort to do a simple web search. That's the first thing anyone would do and of course I went ahead and tried every of these methods. Also remember the methods change on a per version basis so a lot of those guides are outdated. I recommend to do it the way I described because none of these usual methods really work, at least not permanently.

11. Rorer

Rorer Guest

indeed, it does not work.

12. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

13. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Do what ever you can to get to windows 7. I had to jump through hoops to get a newer laptop to let me install w7 but I did it. I just recently did this so still little mad about it lol. W10 and audio software have no business with eachother. Check out Zorin as well. Skinned linux very nice

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. tun

tun Rock Star

i was doing my usual casual tasks the other day and cortana started using my resources. i have taken every step to shut that bitch up by the way, and usually it is okay, but for some reason its resource use spiked the other day. i dont know what it was doing but it was doing something.

there are a lot of sceptical people who think that these companies are not spying on us, but there is no way i am trusting cortana. normalisation has started to iron out with these sorts of things though. people laugh when you say cortana is malicious

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Heh-heh, Yeah cortana'z a Biiyaaatch!!
    I shut her down at the setup stage of win 10, coz you get the option to use her/ voice recognition, i opted out.
    But even with her tied up n gagged with duck tape, shes still running, still using system resources, albeit only slight, but thas not the point!

In terms of m:s spying on us, i see it like this> Its like having a burglar within your pc stealing data.
    Win 10 is incredibly sly n intrusive, i dont care what anybody says, it is, Fact!!

The amount of telemetry gettin sent to m:s is just crazy.
    I only go online if i need to update my d.a.w pc and nothing else.. hence why i shut everything related to network n defender/firewall etc etc down...

You can remove cortana btw, but you gotta hack the registry to do it.

Oh and i even had to exclude c: from ever being scanned by defender.
    When i was setting my new pc up, i shitt you not , defender quarantined fucking everything i was installing.

And i mean everything ...
    Obviously if i used the pc to go online excluding c: is a serious problem.
    Win 10 isnt streamlined for musicians , and a fucking pain in the dick hole to streamline /hack yourself..

M:s probably sells some the telemety, but thas just my personal opinion , and ive not tried to find out what they use it for, perhaps il do some digging coz im bored

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  16. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Oh my god, Im feeling some serious nostalgia comin onn

hah, ive not seen one o them for over 20 years

17. Gyro Gearloose

can you tell a bit more ?

18. Gyro Gearloose

jynx check your pm...
    who wants oprekin1909 pro lite plus , pm me

19. OraMorph

OraMorph Ultrasonic

i prefer WPD over blackbird

• List
  20. tun

tun Rock Star

yea i did the same. its that muffled "mmmfff" sound i can still hear that annoys me :rofl:

agreed. i dont understand those people who either think it isnt happening or that they have nothing to hide :dunno:

thanks. i might look into that! finish that bitch off once and for all :)

defender took a lot of fight for me too. it took me a while just to turn the thing off properly!

i do not doubt for a second that they are. they are a business looking for money from anywhere they can get it.
    i always assume that everything is being recorded by every company i use, just to be on the safe side.