Win10 - how to fully disable "protection" with sister site k's

Discussion in 'PC' started by audiofannn, Feb 1, 2024.

1. audiofannn

audiofannn Member

Any help is appreciated. Had to move to Win10 for my studio computer (was on Win7 forever, might return). New plugins, etc need Win10.

Can anyone please help in fully disabling this "real-time protection" nonsense? No matter how many times I turn it off... if I access the file, Win10 quarantines/deletes/blocks. Everything is offline on this computer.

Thank you very much!

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

My solution was to install a light, but programmable AV, which overrides windows one.
    There are countless solutions, some are simply a better interface for Defender's functions.
    Example : Defender Control, which is a compact utility program designed to take charge of your Windows computer’s security features and disable it. It's portable, and allows you to turn Win defender on and off with a single click.
    This its home page: https://www.sordum.org/9480/defender-control-v2-1/

BTW, this developer have a lot of other useful utilities. It's worth checking the rest of their website.
    Example this one: https://www.sordum.org/10636/defender-exclusion-tool-v1-3/
    If you want to keep defender, but create exclusions, if you always download to the same folders, you can easily put them as exceptions. Yes, you can also do this using defender's interface, but it's not practical at all, instead this utility makes it very simple to do and undo.

There are more advanced solutions too. I dont remember, but several members that know better than me about this will surely give you the names.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

group policy editor solves everything

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

You have to turn that junk OFF at the source.
    First you have to take ownership of the services responsible. Find out where to get the utility to do that here.

Then identify the target services that need to be rendered inert;

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service >> %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\MsSense.exe
    Windows Defender Firewall >> %SystemRoot%\system32\mpssvc.dll
    Windows Defender Firewall Authorization Driver >> %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys

In these three cases simply take ownership of the system files MsSense.exe, mpssvc.dll, and mpsdrv.sys. Rename each with their full name adding a .BAK at the end. EXample thus: mpsdrv.sys.BAK

done.

If you ever want to reverse what you did simply remove the .BAK from the file names and you're back in biz...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024