WIN10-1809 update

Discussion in 'PC' started by DJK, Oct 3, 2018.

1. midi-man

midi-man Rock Star

Oh boy, the joys of windows 10 keep coming.

2. au38wzh

au38wzh Kapellmeister

3. midi-man

midi-man Rock Star

Ok now some might understand why I bitch at winblows.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windo...d-drives-broken-amd-issues-trend-micro-clash/

MS does it again with 1809 patch. Yes I know most of you don't use windows on a network but real IT guys know MS is not prime time ready.
    This is like the old days when every patch broke something. You would think that if you charge money for something you would get better support.

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Kapellmeister

try this:
    Run Command Prompt as administrator (Press the Enter key after each command):
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Then try to run windows update again

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. midi-man

midi-man Rock Star

I would wait until next year when MS fixes all of this. There are issues with AMD stuff and mapped drives see the article I posted.

6. EddieXx

EddieXx Platinum Record

just updated everything and havent had a single issue, maybe even faster startup but thats it.

7. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Kapellmeister

A "minor" update to the 1809 release is now out. It's about 900 MB and I did not have to reinstall any plugin or stuff like that. I have not tested the update for very long so I can not guarantee anything but all seems fine

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Maizelman

Maizelman Platinum Record

"minor":rofl:
    They adressed an issue with mapped drives failing to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. How in the world does this sum up to 900MB?

This weekend I finally dared to update my good ol' dirty 1607 LTSB on my music PC to 1809 LTSC (17763.107).

There is one known audio related issue in that version but luckily I'm not affected:
    Devices with Intel Audio Display Drivers may lose sound from a monitor or TV after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 :woot:

After testing everything for a few days, I've not experienced a single bug and will stay with it now for at least a year or maybe even longer. :wink:

There are still some newly discovered bugs we hadn't talked about before btw. so if you're interested. :winker:
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...s-windows-media-player-win32-apps-in-general/