Win 7 EOL Survival Guide - Clone - Partition - Dual Boot

Discussion in 'PC' started by jhagen, Dec 7, 2019.

1. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

I'm interested too @Xupito, thanks a lot for sharing help.
    I can find KMSpico easily on TPB but nothing about KMS38, where to find it?
    I would like to enable Win 10 update too.

Question 2:
    is it true that you can download a clean (untouched) win10 iso directly from MS if you are using a Mac or Linux Machine? so I can just Change User Agent in my browser and get it.

2. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I have to check again, but I doubt it. Thanks for the advice though.

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Search "microsoft activation script" (last version is v1.1 I think).

I don't remember right now, but it was possible not long ago and legit from a trustable site. Not official Microsoft but the links were, something like that. If it's a true (not uploaded etc) direct download from a website you can use any browser/OS. Again, I'm not sure 100% so I can not post any website.

What you can do 100% legit is to download the updates from windows catalog dot com. This is the way you search the updates from Windows 10 x64 v1909, the last version:
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=windows 10 x64 1909

4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

5. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I did a cmos reset and now anything seam rto be working again. my SSDs are fine, it is teh BIOS whicg cant handle multiple EFI boot things . Read on tonymac many people have teh same issue that boot entries get more and more. Looks like mine had an overflow :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Thanks a lot for info! If I find a clean Win10 install ISO does it ask me for serial during installation? if yes I can't proceed with the full installation and activate later.

7. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Thanks @tzzsmk, yes it works fine, this is a nice trick :D! Now I can download original windows 10 ISO from a Mac.
    What do you think, does it ask for a serial during installation to complete it? or I can activate later once installation is completed?

8. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

depends...
    clean fresh install should not ask for serial during install stage, just make sure to use local user profile account, and not microsoft online account,
    when using the installer as update/upgrade (which does work) it may sometime require serial to proceed, no idea why though...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I instaleld windows new yesterday withteh official MS Windows 10 Pro iso, it asked me for a serial but you have teh choise to not enter one

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Thanks a lot for sharing tricks and useful info! I'm going to try, I think it should work.

11. Jeffriezal

Jeffriezal Producer

i just manage a complete clean install of Win10, using HWIDG to activate. And also im not facing any problem yet by login with my official MS account. HWIDG kinda like generate a digital license based on your hardware and register it to MS server, so the next time ur reinstall, all u need to do is just login with ur MS id for activation... thats what i read, and i just take my chance here.. so far so good, gonna let u guys know it goes bad in the future.

12. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Good to know it is working fine for you @Jeffriezal! may I ask where did you take HWIDG? PM me the source link is possible? I have one HWIDG but I would like to know if it's the same of yours.
    I'm going to do the same of you, clean win 10 install then HWIDG, I need no office no MS account.

Because of some old driver I'm temped to test Windows 8 too, is win8 that bad in comparison with 7 or 10?

13. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

as far as i know you can still get a free licese of windows 10 when you run 8 or 7

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Yesterday i created a clone using macrium, and it boots yeah.

15. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

I was thinking the same but I want to keep my win7 install too, just in case. Maybe I clone win7 on another partition and upgrade just one. Don't know if the new one (win10) deactivate the old one (win7 upgraded).
    does it need media creation tool to upgrade from win7?

16. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

I'm going to use clonezilla, at first I was thinking to use macrium free but I'm little worried about installing adware or similar annoying stuff with the free version. Clonezilla is open source and seems to work fine.

17. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Best will be to upgrade from a usb3 stick. Use Rufus to make it bootable. Start installer and when you are greeted with the installation options choose upgrade. Windows will keep your older Win7 installation in a folder named "Windows Old" in your existing C: drive. So any midi files or other usable files like audio, libs etc will be intakt inside that folder. Note that you won't be able to boot Win7 from that folder after the upgrade.
    Cheers :)
    Ps: If you need a Win10 Lite pm me. Whatever you do, don't go for Win10 Home, it's a test for the nerves lol.
    EDIT: I made an error earlier, saying midi files etc. will be left intact in the "windows old" folder, this is true only if they are located somewhere in system folders like program files, documents etc.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  18. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

thanks a lot @taskforce, rufus is a nice new entry in my tools :) it can download the latest windows iso too.

I think I will try the clean win10 pro, activated with updates. Probably will use it for browsing and keep win7 (mostly disconnected) for music.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  19. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

which adware ? no adware here

20. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

I had bad experiences with free versions installing adware or unwanted features so I always try to go open source as alternative when possible. Good to know macrium free is literally free.