Win $4,000 from Sony by Remixing Beyonce

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by dadarkman, Feb 16, 2012.

1. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Official rules are here at beyonceonline.com
    Obviously the comp is already saturated and overloaded with submission but hey!! there's always that "you never know" factor. So, I took my chance and submitted a remix track. Well, so should you if you have the time and gears... 4G's would help, wouldn't it? :)

If you enter, then add your track and voting link here too, then we can all vote each other UP.

Good luck ya'll!!!

3. obscure

obscure Newbie

...hey man I would love to help you out...but isn't you track a bit out of tune :dunno: ? maybe you should fix that up, then resubmit, and i'll vote for you

4. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

What do u mean? care to explain?

5. odod

odod Rock Star

yes i think the synth chord is out of tune .. or should i say .. the key is not matched ..

6. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Definettly some-one is Tone Deaf! Sorry but there right the second chord on the synth doesnt blend

7. obscure

obscure Newbie

Your beat's chord progression, and the Beyonce track's chord progression, are different.

Therefore people would perceive your remix as being dissonant, and if I were told to go further, I would say it was unmusical.

But if dissonance is your thing, go for it. It's not mine, and I haven't heard it in a long while either besides in mashups on 11pm radio and that sort of thing.

8. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Will take a look. Thanks for the feed

9. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I was like 'wtf you guys talking about?' Sounds dissonant but certainly not unmusical or out of tune...

...then Beyonce started singing :wow:

Sorry mate, you should keep the track as an instrumental cos I was getting into it until the vocals came in.

10. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Ahahahahah!!! funny thing, you are not the only person who ain't feeling the Beyonce's vocals on this. Well, I guess that's the main reason the original was a hard sell that they trying to juice out a remix for radio play.

11. Carface

Carface Noisemaker

Sorry guy's but I only see that you make a Remix for just 4Grands and they catch the big money with it.

You think you're happy to get 4Grands?
    They are definitely happy to get a Remix for that price!

You know they should pay way more and in advance to get a remix without hearing it upfront.

If by any chance anyone here wins this contest, then ask for more.
    ...add a zero to the offer and your on the right track.

Read that carefully and you know they f..k you !

Winner must be at least eighteen (18) years old as of February 8, 2012. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions provided that the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part for a prize of equal or greater value in the event that any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reason. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, but not limited to federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges which are the responsibility of each winner.

12. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Valid point, bro!!

13. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

the only problem i mite see with this contest is if some one happiness to win'' and they dig a lil deeper in to what you are using like if they ask you questions for promotional purposes like what kind of plugins did you use to produce/ mix it with and some ones plugins are not legal per-say and they find out then the person that win's probably will get disqualified and look stupid that's just my thoughts

14. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

if you want to win you have to spend 20 days on the remix cuz thats how many days are left!!!! plus a bigger artist is gunna do a dubstep remix so you won't have a chance. Keep producing tho, your on the right track.

15. psyfactor

psyfactor Newbie

they are more likely to just make some shit up if they want to give out info like that lyric8, to plug whatever plugins they happen to have money in , lol

mind you, with terms and conditions like theirs, i can imagine they could also say "We have decided to exercise our *right to substitute the Prize* as per the terms and conditions, 1st Prize is now a half eaten banana we found on the street on the way here today!, congratulations!"

16. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

They'd find their asses in court quick though. They'd most likely still win but I'd ask the judge, in fairness, I want a full clean banana :rofl:

17. Carface

Carface Noisemaker

I bet this whole competition shidd is Jay-Z's idea !
    He seems to think he's a smart ass and big business man.

In my book, this is an cheap trick for old horses(or young ones)..., and too simple planed.

If he'd asked any DJ or producer to remix a Beyonce song, he had to pay roughly 50grand upfront.

Is there any word getting credits and be named as the remixer ?
    Think you don't even get the chance to make a name and get some reputation for your work.

The sad thing is..., that where is a hungry wolf, there is always a lame and stupid sheep...!

18. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

50 grand is pisswater to them. :wink:

19. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

i herd at one time doctor dre was getting 5 hundred thousand per beat when he was real hot years back

20. obscure

obscure Newbie

^Timbaland said that too