Win 11 Ghost Spectre won't activate nor disable updates. How to fix?

Discussion in 'PC' started by reverbmuddiesmix, May 22, 2022.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

That's the one I mentioned. Microsoft(or the author Massgrave) Activation Script.

2. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Have you tried kmspico? That usually works well for me for activation. Though I imagine the script mentioned works just as well. Far as disabling I'd just disable the windows update service as mentioned if you want to disable updates. I will say in my experience a couple of the updates in Win 10 and 11 seemed to make things run better. I've always updated. But,to each their own.

Edit: Just checked the kmspico site,there's instructions for Win11 in 1st post on the right.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

KmsPico is a classic since Windows 8 and perhaps even 7. It's the easiest offline activator. It's fine to use as long you don't need more.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  4. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

The only problems i have with Windows updates is that on major updates I usually have to re-Authorize some plugins, and certain settings ("Show / Hide system files", for example) are reset.

So, after a major update ("feature update" ?) if I find any need re-authorizations, I go through and load up most plugins & programs I like best and fix the any authorizations, and any Windows settings I can think of.
    After a week of use, any Windows settings changes will likely come to my attention.
    So, after a few days my backups will be good ones and not containing a bunch of fiddling needed if used to restore.

5. demberto

demberto Rock Star

That is because most plugins use the same algo to calculate your machine ID i.e. the one provided by JUCE. Certain plugins silently re-verify things like HDD serial etc. if the machine ID changes and that doesn't usually fail, so they keep working.
    There's definitely better ways to calculate machine ID than the one provided by JUCE.

6. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

In my case with the lost Windows authorization/activation : Might some dodgy plugin have changed the machine ID somehow ? Hardware was not changed . Or might it have deauthorized because it has not seen the internet for a year and it was just coincidence ? It did reactivate itself as soon as it was online .This never happened to me with other PC s , I always stayed offline with the work partition and I cannot remember Windows ever deactivated itself offline .In this case I am using a cheap key which is probably "not 100 % legit " but it did reactivate online

7. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

if you use some Firewall which blocks Windows 11 activation check services, Windows 11 automatically becomes NOT Activated, it's a new fuckery not known from Windows 10 before,
    for testing purposes, this HWID-based option works well for my needs: https://github.com/massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts
    :chilling:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Blickbard

Blickbard Member

Thank you ! I will check that , too.
    Only the stock Win10 firewall with sordum Firewall App Blocker . But I did have the hardware NIC disabled in device manager and a loopback installed

I forgot : and there is WIN11 on another drive ( Updated from a clone of WIN 10 activated with the same key) which is online . It is booted via BIOS and "should not see" the other installation , something similar worked on my other PC for years with WIN7 /8 , 10/10 . But maybe WIN11 can detect that

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023