Win 10 Distorted Sound

Discussion in 'PC' started by monochrom3, Aug 10, 2015.

1. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

Hey guys,

So I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (did a clean reinstall) and everything seems to work fine, except for one thing that really grinds my gears: After booting up, my sound (I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 btw) is really messed up, distorted to shit. After unplugging and reconnection the Audio Interface, everything works normally. Anyone here with the same problem?

Kind regards

3. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

it is too early for updating to Win 10, because probably new OS is still raw, testing, further will be updates with fixes and improvements...
    As well as a lot of software (DAWs, VST(i)s, gear drivers etc.) still doesn't support on Win 10. Some of them work, but not all...Only recently Win8 support has been solved, but I think not all of them, but 98% maybe..And you want to work on 1 month old OS...wait for some months...maybe half a year, or less, or more...
    Use 7 or 8.1, they are more stable

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

try a different port, preferably on the backside of your pc directly into the mobo.
    could be due driver changes since 10, have heard of working ones with no problems

6. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

welp, I guess I'm reaching out to Focusrite's support team then. Thanks for your answers guys. Weird thing is that when I chose the WIn 10 "upgrade" option that keeps all your files untouched everything worked just fine. oh well...

7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Virtually every Winblows release comes with these kind of (fun) issues for the early adopters... I would go for the 6 months to 1 year mark before messing with my stable system. Load the new version on an older "test" laptop if you really have to see how it
    performs, not your primary box... this is an old old story..

8. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

I'd not recommend a full install (which does work, btw) because W10 is an Update, after all..........

9. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

10. TeonKan

TeonKan Noisemaker

ya. just wait for another month or two.. before upgrading to win 10.. it's never a good idea to follow the hype ^_^
    so far.. i'm enjoying my 8.1.. just upgraded a few months ago..

11. Loop Threat

Loop Threat Ultrasonic

Thanks...I know what gear not to get when building my home studio...although Win 10 does have sound improvements it generally is still buggie.

12. Hybridstudios

Hybridstudios Ultrasonic

in not a windows 10 issue, its a focusrite driver issue. focusrite driver have always sucked.
    friend has a saffire pro 26, does the same thing with windows 7, my cousins liquid 56 does the same thing in windows 8.1, its happened to me with my mobile rig with a focusrite forte as well on windows 7 and 8.1

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List