Will i get a fine for downloading from Audioz in Deutschland?

Discussion in 'DE' started by nikroma, Jul 14, 2015.

1. nikroma

nikroma Newbie

Hello, Im a first time poster, long time lurker :bow: First I want to say thanks for all the great info on both sites, very helpful!!

My question is; Will get fined for downloading files through Audioz while I'm traveling through Deutschland? I am staying at a few Flats in Berlin that I'm renting through AirBNB, and they all say "NO TORRENTING WE WILL GET FINED" on the listings. Does this include Audioz? Thank you for your help :hug:

Cheers!

-Nikroma

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

AudioZ is primarily a cyber locker downloading scenario so you will be fine particularly since, unlike torrents, it's really hard to track that sort of thing. Torrents are what are known as a decentralized peer to peer network (there are also centralized elements but the distinction is in my next sentence) while cyberlockers are a centralized client/server scenario. A cyber locker is like downloading from any other web site and there are no users that you're sharing with or that can see what you've downloaded so it's more low key. They would literally have to take over the cyberlocker's infrastructure in order to know what you downloaded.

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

downloading is illegal in germany but as far as i know not actively prosecuted.
    with torrents/other p2p stuff it's a different story because you're uploading stuff and that will be prosecuted.

5. nikroma

nikroma Newbie

I know of 3 producers that have been fined large fees for torrenting in Berlin, so it is actively prosecuted but as Catalyst has said maybe not with cyber locker :thumbsup: Is there any Deutschlander's(particularly in Berlin) on the forum that can verify? Thanks Catalyst!!!!!!!!

6. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Welcome kromy,

don`t worry about downloading from Audioz, it`s "one click hosters" (lol). As fraifikmushi said, it`s the (torrent)upload you could get prosecuted for.
    Some lawyers are specialized on sniffing out p2p networks to kindly ask the right holders to advocate their interest. We just have more lawyers then work in Germany, so they help themselves ...
    Pretty strange practice and complicated from a jurisdictional point of view. However, feel save about using direct download links and for torrents an encrypted connection is mandatory...
    :mates:

7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I would go so far to advice not to use torrent at all.

8. nikroma

nikroma Newbie

Great info guys, i feel my question has been answered, cheers thank you!

9. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

AHHHHHHH

ZEEZ KRAZY JHERMANZ!

10. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

if you have real-debrid and use their torrent service i believe that you are pretty safe. you are never involved in the torrent process as the files are first downloaded to a file host (or cyberlocker as cat called it) and then you download from there. and with real-debrid you can have the added security of having every download passing through https so it's encrypted.

11. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I'm from germany..and I can tell you its absolutely unlikely you will be punished for downloading from click hosters like Audioz normally provide. Sharing software and copyright music is punished but only if you use p2p clients. And even if they track you..the first time the fine will be max. 150 Euro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

If you quoted the sign correctly, it was "we will be fined". Seems like you're not at risk. If you were to torrent you'd be exposing them to liability.

13. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

is this true? how will this work? doesn't Germany have privacy rights?
    p2p and torrents can be used to download legal stuff right? isn't sniffing out the packets against
    fundamental rights? what if a person under the age of adulthood is downloading?
    what if you didn't share a single bit? what about popcorntime?

all questions, I believe this should not/would not be allowed if purposed in Europes higher court...

14. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Not germany is sniffing packages transferred through torrent network..there are special companys (hired by the rights holders) all over the world. When you share copyright protected stuff they simply load a few bytes from you, make a protocol and thats enough to prove (Hash values) you are sharing exactly the software/movie/music of their clients.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

thanks man, now I can fill in the rest myself:thumbsup:. my gues is these companies hired by right-holders have a endless breath in terms of money and prosecution powers? so fighting a fine would be a dumb thing to do?

the grass isn't greener on the other side this time (I'm Dutch) :bleh:

16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

because they torrented on a public tracker.
    you can install peerblock and limit your upload to zero. thats how i am doing it.
    i am downloading pretty often via rutracker.org and some private audio torrent trackers next to audioz.

17. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I'm on MAC. I have read up what I could on doing what you are, but I'm not clear on it. I tried using a substitute for Peerblock called IceFloor. Could you give me some insight on how to achieve what you did? There are some things I've been flagged for that I'd like to set 0 upload on. No fines, yet. But, I know what types of things I can get away with. I'm not sure what type of networks need to be selected. This is a foreign language to me.

Any help is appreciated!

18. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

do not torrent in germany, it's that simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

Private invite only torrent sites are what you need. Public sites are the ones they get ya with.

20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

there is no way on mac. ;)

21. Anakin

Anakin Guest

For torrent use private trackers! downloading from public trackers is not good idea today.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015