Will Cubase 7 be cracked?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by loscolorados, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello,

Yes, but the eLicenser Control Center has its own internal clock, which eventually will expire you can keep changing the date on Windows the eLicenser Control Center will notice when the time has come to close the software.
    Still, thank you for bringing this up might be worth investigating :D

Best regards,
    GN

2. copylefter

copylefter Producer

You're right Guillermo,
    dongle systems (iLok for sure as I investigated) check data and time both
    from system, (processor timestamp too for internal pseudo random checking routines),
    and from dongle. But the time used for calculating demo expiry is the EEPROM clock.
    (EEPROM is the chip in the dongle).
    :thumbsup:

3. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

Just a dumb question.
    Are there some apps that could replicate dongles? copy all the content from A and then copy it to B.
    Sure, the elicenser has special epprom and other custom hardware chips.
    But instead of looking at the software side, shouldn't they look the hardware side?

I mean, geohot was able to crack the ps3(aided by the discovered flaw on the code, #declare random...and then use a fixed number), and I suppose there is 10000 times more security on the ps3 than a 'simple' dongle.

I'm not promoting the elicenser crack, I have a legit 7-7.5, and even sx1+ updates 2 and 3. But I just wonder if the people that eventually are working on a elicenser crack, it whatever, maybe it would be much simple, if they focused 95% on the dongle.

And yeah, easily said, but not so easily done.

4. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello #63,

Actually that is how Cubase 5.1.1 got cracked, they emulated the dongle.
    The thing is that if you install a new version of the eLicenser Control Center it will conflict with the dongle emulator and neither your original and crack software will work.
    AIR did focused on the dongle and that is how they pulled it of.
    As per their official statement it took them 200men hours to do so.

Best regards,
    GN

5. nivi

nivi Kapellmeister

the biggest problem of Cubase and USB dongle shit is, that in time of Cubase 5, it was the DAW standard. Anyone could try the full version and lot of people, who growed up on Cubase 5 as amateurs than bought it as professionals. And this is exactly what Steinberg is missing these days - new amateurs users, who make a profit in future. Best protection is not always a best way !

6. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

People should leave their DAW comfort zone and step over to Reaper.
    Reaper is the shit, it just has it all, so powerful and yet so lightweighted on CPU, it's just awesome.
    The Reaper community is about people who just love their daw and are so willing to help others, insane.

Steep learnng curve ? could be , whatever, just take the effort to learn it !
    Don't be lazy or scared for the unknown.

But in my experience, people just stay with their bullshit DAWs like protools and cubase.
    Protools: did you ever see additonal edit functionality over the past last versions ? : nada.
    Cubase 8 Pro ? it performs worse than V7 !!

People who really do care about a DAW would choose Reaper and never ever look back.

I have worked with all of them for many years: protools, logic, cubase.
    I tell you: Reaper has the magic, and only Reaper.

7. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Yeah Reaper is cool but everybody use what they're comfortable with and what they know well.
    Not always one can afford the time and effort needed to learn something new, if what he/she use since years just work for him/her.

And BTW, please, somebody open a "Will Cubase 8 be cracked" thread, this one is obsolete *yes*

8. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

sssshhhtt!

[​IMG]

Don‘t wake up the dragon.... This thread has been sleeping for months without new posts... let it be... mate....let it be....

9. Alexogable

Alexogable Newbie

Sorry to respond to this post since its almost been one year since it was posted. But I have to know, despite what the other two people wrote, after all this time, is your "Full Version" of Cubase 7 working with that method you suggested with the Dongle? I have an offline Computer I use for recording music, and was thinking about doing the same thing you did. But before I go buy the dongle, I have to know, a year later, is your version of Cubase 7 still working using this method? or did it finally time out? Like the others Suggested....

(I actually signed up for these forums, just to find out the answer to this question!)

Thank you!
    -Alex O. Gable

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List