Why You are a Newbie

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by SAiNT, Jul 25, 2015.

?

Is this a good idea?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2015.
  1. Yes

94.2%
  2. No, ladder should be based on Comments

5.8%
  1. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Well I see a lot of competition here, mesuring dicks is almost a rule. I do not care about being a newbie or expert but I care about being human.
    Respect is the basic, not knoledge! For exemple: we must tolerate a dickhead because he is an expert? This guy have more value than a nice newbie?
    More moderation is urgent, people insult each other and when you point that you are the bad guy?
    The history told us that man choose Hitlers, kill Gandhi and Jesus.. So, hard rules is the only way to protect the weak.
    Above the good and the bad no one should be, but many wants that, if a newbie search the site and Google, his question is less important than an expert?
    For me theres no good music with bad education. Thats why this site must aim educate not only about music but about respect. One thing I loved here was Catalyst moderation, always a gentleman but had when needed. Why? He focus on human.
    The akward situation stimulates competition and its relevant.
    When Zeus Goes to team had a lot of protest. I know his value a long time ago... Só knowledge and human being are essencially hidden but not education or respect...
    More moderation please?

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  2. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

Suppose this means there is actually a system now. i remember trying to make sense of the old way a while ago. didn't end well

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Newbie, and proud of it

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Why having alle these differnt status in the first place? ..... I found out I had become a newbie from being Audiosexual today. First thought was: Hey somebody have stolen my identity in here!!!!!!!!!!! :no: My identity is still intact!!!!!!!!!

Basically all these appointments are a system that favor a special kind of behaviour!
    I have been using some time informing ppl here about new free (mostly) Kontakt libraries and that gave me some credit from other members. If you guys really think that the ammount of THANKS will be a better way running the hierarchy in here and rise the quality of threads Im sure you´re wrong - you´ll prolly just create several clans where the members will support eachother only for gaining status. I think priority should rely to contense, relevance, quality etc. .... not the ammount of "thanks"!

My suggestion:
    If its not based on quality, then drop it completly! JMHO!!!

Another thing: I´ll have to get used to this new design ... some looks nice other looks a bit odd!

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Based on votes? Rankings should reflect a heck of a lot more than 'subjective' votes. What about quality of content, and to a lesser degree, longevity? This should not be some sort of "popularity contest". That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! <LOL>

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

i just reset my password and I'm happy that I'm back
    SAiNT congratulation :mates: , the forum it become more awesome and organized

keep up the good work , I'm so glad that I'm a part of This Great Community :mates:

7. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

I never got that many posts here compare to some other folks to argue against the new "system" but gosh, I think it's a bit of a slap to many other guys whom I've seen posting loads of positive and educational articles in here, they should never be reset to be called "newbie" lol. If anything, their status should have already been per-determined by what they've already done to a higher rank.

As somebody mentioned above, "Likes" in the long run will only be meaningful for popularity not necessarily because those folks are posting QUALITY content. People will like posts regardless. However, liking a post doesn't really mean the post has any value to the board. There are many YouTube/FB/Twitter post which has gone viral/popular based on "Likes" but the content are pure trash!

-My two cents

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Novelty is always refreshing. I did feel a bit let down to see the new status though, but it it is what it is and no complaints about the whole lot. This is fantastic. Great work and cheers to all that put in the muscle leading to the change.

9. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Oh my god I was wondering why I woke up this morning and I didn't know shit about music production I woke up with music amnesia lol:rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Everybody starts somewhere right? lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Yep, I like the change. Just wondering.... would an accumulation of "dislikes" lower a person's status?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

ahh zeez krazy germanz with their efficiency and analysiz!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I agree with the new system, but I disagree how everyone is at the start again. I think it would have been a little better if old members that were advanced or audiosexuals should at least get one notch above a newbie. It's like all the people I helped figure shit out is erased. At least one little notch above zero would have made me feel like I didn't waste all that helping others. No biggie though. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. willdathrill

willdathrill Producer

yea i think there will be someone who dont like certain people, and they will begin to start disliking that person, and since its based on the positives, who ever is trying to move up, will never make it no higher than a Newbie. i look at it like this, either you like me or you dont, and this wouldnt effect me in why i come here in the first place. im here to gain important info from alot of really good people, and use it to my knowledge, and take what i learn and try to help others in need of it.. it is what it is:cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

there wasn't :no: back on IPB we used plugin for "Thanks". Unfortunately XenForo couldn't import those Thanks and count them as Likes :yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

I guess you gotta move with the times, but I also agree with One Reason, for those of us who have been here for the past 5 or so years it is somewhat humbling to tumble from our positions among the upper echelons of iNetdom!
    :hillbilly:<- Dungarees!!!!! YAY!

Looks great as these Sex and Z updates always do. Great work Cat unt Saint! :dancing:

17. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Just take it as a "restart" for everyone. For good and for bad. Like a starting over... to me sounds like a nice new challenge for everyone :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

well, in no time, everyone will be ranked as "adiosexual", so it actually doesn’t matter ?!?

here a like to everyone to help moan Your losses ... don`t think about it, we all know and see who are the good guys :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

U sure do talk about dicks a lot.

Publicly disliking that.. its a bit offensive to me.:wink:

20. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Yeeehaw.. its a licking contest now !