Why We never get Tutorials made by Biggest Ones in Music Industry?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Roject, Nov 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Who Me

Who Me Producer

Chemical brothers doing breaks tutorials...probably because nobody asked or wanted them to. :drummer:

2. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Any tutorial from Chemical Brothers :guru:

I can ask them and tell that I wanna tutorial. Do You know how I can contact with them?

3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

5. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

6. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

pm hidera or pirat , they will post it

7. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Personally, I wouldn't say this is what they are specifically known for.
    Well yes. But there's absolutely no way I would contact either of them purely to tell them to make a tute!
    Although it's easy to mention it in the right situation.
    With the 'virus' though, it's not impossible that more artists will consider wanting to make tutes.
    So you never know.

8. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

there is deadmau5 masterclass but its pretty much just basic shit explained by deadmau5 instead of a random youtube guy
    all the masterclasses are basically your favorite musician explaining things that youtube has explained thousandfold, its kind of a scam

rhythm roulette is kinda like that
    a homie of dr dre made a tutorial on waves youtube channel
    young guru has a lecture on abletons youtube channel
    alot of mixing tutorials are made by famous engineers too like andrew scheps, CLA etc.

idk, i feel like at this point no collective of super producers can beat the internet hive mind, especially with tons of good mixing engineers on our side cause sound design became a vital part of production

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

true man cm should do it like in past with better tech..
    they had some cool dudes there not so mainstream fuckish stuff

i have feeling roject meant more production/arrangement etc stuff like not mix master stuff
    also in puncto secret sauce

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

I could list a LOT of possible situations.

But we can get serious and getting back to "LOGOS" : when you feel the universal logos, you make beautiful art
    Because you are ONE with the Universe

And this, NO ONE will ever tell you HOW to do it.
    That's why even advanced tutorials can't tell you HOW TO make good music.

You will ask "where is the MAGIC ?"
    The magic is everywhere.
    And even good musicians are not aware of it ... so they can't tell you something they just ignore.
    Sometimes, they get it. Sometimes not.

It is time to let the logos flow ...

A song about artist contradictions and logos (from a genius) :

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Epcot

Epcot Guest

What could "the people who have reached some precarious positions mostly through financial support and relying on their complementary fans" teach you other than loads of ...?

12. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

13. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

thats easier to reverse engineer than the rather subtle effects added in later stages of production

14. Epcot

Epcot Guest

Everyone has needs. Making music is a step-by-step process. Everyone has a problem at some points in their works.

You may not have problems in the early stages and you are looking to learn the next steps, but many people have problems in the early stages.

The early stages of the work are more difficult than the later stages, because the initial idea of the work is formed there and it is the artistic vision in the first stages that shows itself.

The next steps are more technical than artistic. Teaching the technical steps is thousands of times easier than the artistic steps, because it deals with the tools, not the artist himself.

If a comparison is made between the teachings of the artistic and technical stages, it becomes clear that artists are not very interested in teaching others what they have achieved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

While these are not the biggest of names, Jon Bellion has a "Making of" series, that isn't technical, but showcases his thought process while writing/producing(I think that's more valuable really, considering he's more well known for his writing credits anyway), and KSHMR does have tutorials on his and splice's channels, and also started a website for courses(Dharma Worldwide). The timbo Masterclass is basically like the Jon Bellion "Making of" series but you get to see the screen and plugins more often. Lot of artists/producers livestream on twitch now, so if you're willing to sit through the whole thing, I'm sure you can find some "knowledge bombs". Kenny Beats, Timbaland, Disclosure, illmind from the ones I can recall.
    If you're into EDM, it gets a lot easier. A lot of EDM producers hold masterclasses, 1 hour challenges and stuff like that. They aren't tutorials per se, but you do get a good insight into their thought process(regarding technical aspects) and you can learn from it. You can find masterclasses from KSHMR, Brooks, Martin Garrix and many others.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Besides another points said here.
    I guess for a top class producer is little to gain and much to lose.
    The above post is interesting, instead of in depth tutorials sharing less technical stuff in interview-like stuff is more appealing to them.

17. joem

joem Producer

deadmause streams all the time its all he ever does thease days

18. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

if you expect tutorials on arts of music, you miss the whole point of music :no:

19. Hareesh S

Hareesh S Producer

Yup, cause especially outside EDM music, most of their audience isn't really interested in how their music is made. They're more interested in who they might be dating, or what their last google search was on their iphone. With edm, MY UNDERSTANDING IS, there's (slightly) more people interested in producing music on their own, and hence there's an audience interested in knowing what Brooks' Mastering template might look like(Hence the existence of those masterclasses). And to be honest, I don't expect a Justin Bieber or a Selena Gomez to know much about technical aspects of production. Most mainstream artists aren't that involved in actually producing the track, and sometimes even writing the lyrics, so there isn't a lot to learn from them in that aspect, you could learn more from them about singing or performing live. I guess bands, EDM and indie artists are more likely to produce their own music(or at least be more involved) and would be better informed about the technicalities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  20. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

really enjoyed "deconstructed". think the format is great and could be applied to other scenes too.

• List