Why so many Ads on Audiosex?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by drewny75, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Menorah

Menorah Producer

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Oh right! I get it. I actually didn't know that Menorah.
    Probably because I use add blockers i end up pretty ignorant
    about these facts.

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I love the site but the day i intentionally click on an ad... I'll walk out back and put one in the back of my head.

oh and yes, Adblock.... simple.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. DieM

DieM Rock Star

The day you intentionally click on an add will be the day your spirit dies!

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

6. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

surely, popups are intrusive. but at least i don't serve them to members, while almost every other warez web-site does.

:bleh:

7. asad12

asad12 Platinum Record

thanks for the help guys.
    I didn't know that Firefox, for some reason, didn't install add-ons the last time it updated.
    uBlock is great. It removed every ad from both AS and AZ. Now, I could see much more of my screen.

8. remix

remix Platinum Record

hey @DieM

dickhead...

9. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Well it does take one to know one!
    Keep on rocking bruv :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  10. bigFlow

bigFlow Ultrasonic

I seriously don't get how people can be this proud of using ad-blockers. I use them myself on sites with really annoying ads, but I disable them as soon as I'd really like to support a site, like on AZ or on certain twitch channels. I'd be also glad to disable them for certain youtube channels, but that's not possible. At first people are oh so proud about their cleverness and their ad-blocking abilities, but as soon as a site is shut down because it's too expensive without the ad revenue everyone starts bitching and asks how this is possible.

Our modern internet is based on ads, without advertisment most of your favourite sites wouldn't exist. However, big respect to SAiNT, I'd be much more pissed with people being so proud about making my projects harder to keep alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. DieM

DieM Rock Star

It's not a point of pride bigFlow. It's a point of necessity. Well in my case anyway.
    If you want to continue to support adds then so be it that's your prerogative. I, personally would rather have an add free surfing experience without having to click popups and the like every page I visit. If add-block stops that happening then I'm pretty happy to use the software. I don't think that presuming or assuming peoples intentions really helps.
    We all have our own reasons for using these software apps and I feel that you are way off in your assumptions. You have already said that you use it sometimes so you can't really judge others for doing the same thing on sights that they see fit to do it on.
    You carry on doing it your way and I and others will carry on doing it our way.

12. bigFlow

bigFlow Ultrasonic

First of all, I'm not supporting ads in any way possible, but as they are the main way of financing most free to use sites, I support the sites by accepting these ads as a part my browsing experience. If you're willing to pay for the content and sites you use, don't feel addressed by my ranting, but most people aren't. They are expecting the hard work of site administratos for free, which is in my opinion just wrong. Of course, the main thought behind our internet is sharing one's opinions and work, and if people feel like providing their's for free, that's awesome, but I often feel the urge to give something back, and accepting (non-too-annoying) ads is one way to do that.

I think I know pretty well why people use ad-blockers, may it be security reasons, limited internet volume or just to not be annoyed, but showing it off like this is disrespectful. It's like walking through a city, seeing a musician on the sidewalk, taking his CD but not paying for it and then waving it in his face shouting "I won't pay for this but I'll take it anyway, fellow people do the same". Yes, I use ad-blockers myself, but only up to a certain point. It's activated by default as most malware is spread through banners nowadays and I'm often visiting new websites. But, as I said, on websites I regularly visit and want to support, PLUS where the ads are really acceptable and not too unnerving, I deactivate them out of respect.

13. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Okay I do get your point and I reckon that the way you use addblock is admirable. You also seem to have had experiences of other people totally disregarding any kind of respect for the protocol and then just waving that in others faces. If I'm honest I do like to give something back myself like when I'm downloading a torrent I will leave it running for a few hours on the upload after i've finished downloading myself because if others didn't follow that way of doing it then I wouldn't necessarily get my download. I do respect what you are saying. I reckon what got to me was the fact of the generalization of your rant. Like we are all guilty of the same thing. No probs mate. I get where you are coming from and do agree that some people just totally leach without a care for others & without giving any bandwith in return for their freeloading. Cool. I get it! Carry on regardless!

14. drewny75

drewny75 Noisemaker

Actually I mistyped and meant to say so many ads in AudioZ. I have been going to that site for over 5 years and it just gets worse and worse in terms of pop ups. But I have taken your advice and today downloaded some decent ad-block software. Problem solved. It was an obvious solution but I just wanted to rant.