why provide if teams dont crack

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Aug 22, 2023.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

i have some softwares i could share on the sister site like oxyott but if no one dares to crack them why share? so many people share stuff that never gets cracked like slate digital metatune and i wonder do teams even care anymore? what happened with the audio software scene? are teams tired of working? do they care about certain companies sales? i dont know it looks very dark right now for audio software hacking i wonder if it's the teams ethics or a lack of interest in cracking certain softwares i for one would like to know why some softwares never make it to sister site and i know im not alone in this

• Disagree x 7
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

You have not considered that the teams are actually humans, with lives to lead, and the same worries that most people have.
    They may have family's, kids, and lets face it, almost everything in life comes before cracking software for ungrateful, unappreciative
    and winey lechers who never thank them for their hard work.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

ive thanked them countless times here and at siter site i would be willing to financially support teams like r2r but i dont find a way to do so if you know let me know

5. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

You're assuming that every software is crackable .... wrong!!!:dont:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Metatune 1.1.1 was provided uncracked in January but without license three days ago 1.1.8.1 was provided with license to R2R so its just a matter of time we will see it on Sister Site.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. real

real Kapellmeister

So, like, a closed mouth don't get fed....
    BUT
    Beggars can't be choosey.
    ALSO
    Nobody who has ever shared software with the sister site EVER had a guarantee that their software would be cracked.
    That's not how the scene has ever worked.
    Think of sharing your software like giving back to the scene that makes it possible for you to have access.
    ALSO
    Research the history of the warez scene. In particular, research WHY the scene exists in the first place.
    It's a lifestyle, not a con, or just a way to get free software. It's more than that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

but the softwares i mentioned are crackable i just wonder do teams have ethics? do they not want to hurt some companies sales? i just wanna know honestly dont wanna start a riot here guys dont get angry at me i wanna know if teams have ethics when it comes to cracking software

9. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Everything is crackable, but some Software takes more time to be cracked because of harder Protection. Also there was Stuff like Eastwest which was not cracked for a long long time because nobody supllied a License.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

You know, I've come across comments like these many times, and although I haven't investigated the way I searched for my biological father in the South American circus circuit, I've still looked around for answers and didn't find anything satisfying.

So if anyone has a good historical resume of the warez scene I'm all ears.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. real

real Kapellmeister

I disagree. A large part of why the warez scene exists at all is to prove that there's no such thing as inaccessible software.
    All software can be cracked. Just a matter of time.
    Some software is harder to crack than others. Some won't be cracked for a long time. But it is virtually impossible to account for every software exploit forever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

I Don't think that the most Teams care about Sales of Companies. There is an unwritten Rule for AudioWarez in my Opinion if you make money out of it buy the Stuff you use. If its just for fun it's totally okay to use cracked Stuff.

Also i got some Plugins Legit but i use the cracked Version of it, because the perfomance is better when activation Features and so on are cut off.

And the Teams don't do it for money. People with that amount of knowledge in Reverese Engeenering could easily get a well paid job in the IT World.

A good starting point to get more knowledge about how the Scene works ist the Scene FAQ on Sister Site.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

on a side note im gonna buy metatune soon i already got the 264 euros it costs ilok usb included but i fear if my ilok usb gets broken i may lose metatune and all my money with it i really hate ilok and i think it is a a big PITA to make software run on ilok protection

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Because something isn't cracked until now doesn't mean that it's uncrackable.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. real

real Kapellmeister

This long video basically has a huge part of the answer within it. "Warez" culture is HACKER culture. So what I really should have said is "look up the history of hacking."

Crackers and hackers act for many different reasons. But ultimately, the culture exists because of a fundamental ideological disagreement with the way software is distributed. The fact that software is locked behind paywalls or anything at all is what started the initial "hacker" response from the very beginnings of software engineering.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

iLok Dongles are the baddest thing i ever seen in Software Protection.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Don't Mix Hackers which mostly do their Stuff to make Money with Crackers which are the Heart of the Software Warez Scene

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

I'm sorry to be that guy but someone expecting to receive when giving anything in life set himself for constant disappointment.

In my perspective, the issue here is not with the material provided nor the person cracking it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

Crackers in the 17th century were doing it to make money. I guess they still want to do the same nowadays.

I'll see myself out.

20. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

@KUSHSMOKERLIT Be easy grass hopper don't jump to fast we get most of the surprises within the holidays just like last year we got the whole plugin alliance bundle and the year before that we got East West and UVI Falcon....so its about patients but at the same time don't be expecting every software on the market to get cracked that's not going to happen.......for example i know for a fact the whole Swam Bundle for Pc will be cracked it's just a matter of time older versions and some of the new versions already been cracked so its most likely coming .....but the UAD Bundle maybe and if it does get cracked it most likely will be the holidays because that will be a major hit because people stay beggin for it

21. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez_scene

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topsite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_warez_groups