Why (online) privacy matters

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by tzzsmk, Oct 10, 2024.

1. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

It's tough to find a balance, to be honest. The best thing we can do is not depend so much on online tools, online environments, and change our conduct and mindset. Perhaps go out touch some grass more often. If we are chronically online, and everywhere, we will inevitably make compromises because the more you seek privacy, the more annoying it gets to navigate the internet.

2. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Almost impossible to get my parents to use traditional (offline) software. For all they care, the browser IS the computer. Downloading, installing, security prompts, uninstalling - not gonna happen.

The convenience of clicking "I agree" on the cookie banner and immediately being in a worse version of an offline image editor apparently outweighs everything else - privacy, download fees, site outages.

3. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Ultrasonic

It would be nice if any of us decided to have a peaceful life in the middle of nowhere and remove our online status, that it would be simple.
    It is if we delete everything and every account and cloud file online, but only for physical appearances sake. Considering the data gathering worldwide, it will probably be a decade before any trace of your existence disappeared online thanks to Google and also the new generation of backup and A.I systems. Maybe it's there forever? damn...

Fifteen minutes of privacy is the goal. Fifteen minutes of fame everyone can get. :facepalm: