Why not turn off your computer and go out for a walk to look at the sky?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jhagen, Sep 30, 2024 at 10:05 PM.

1. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Why not turning off smartphones, laptops etc and enjoy life outside?

Brave ones can even try to talk to someone and not sending vocals.

Why not leaving your smartphone at home and going to a club? Fear it? If something weird happen what to do without it?

Really need to make a video of the Dj spinning beats instead of dancing?

Brave enough to not use booble maps navi to drive to a place you don't know?

And the list goes on and on...

When was your last time looking at the stars, the moon, a flower, a small river?

• Love it! x 10
    • Like x 9
    • Agree x 7
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Today, nightshift and clear sky and beautiful moon.. nothing special on internet:rofl:
    But you got point there:guru:

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  4. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Platinum Record

I do that every day. Once a week I go on a train to visit a random city or village or place where I have never been before. Just for the sake of it. In a circle of 250 km around where I live are obviously thousands of places unknown to me.

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  5. Wilberforce

Wilberforce Member

Although I'm more than old enough to remember life before smartphones and social media etc. I fell into the trap of living my life through tech and now am reverting to avoiding it all as much as possible. Life feels much better talking a walk in the countryside, reading a book (the paper type) and creating music on a real instrument first. Music is my job, so I do have to use computers, but I made the decision not to be ruled by them anymore. Feels good too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Smeghead

Smeghead Platinum Record

Well I would have but now I can't because it would look like I'm just doing it because you wanted me to and you're not the boss of me.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. scrappy

scrappy Platinum Record

bowels of the skullery at the court of king boris
    Why not...? Why not indeed.

Brave ones can even try to talk to someone... it takes two to tango, but I'm game.

Why not leaving your smartphone... not a problem, battery is crap anyway and I've got better things to spend money on..

Really need to make a video of the Dj spinning beats instead of dancing?... Nah, don't need it.

Brave enough to not use booble maps navi to drive to a place? Yes. Paper maps open with immediate context, gxxgle maps you need to zoom out for context.

And the list goes on and on... Yep, it does.

When was your last time looking at the stars, the moon, a flower, a small river?... Gestern, aber it was a big river.

8. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Sky is my inspiration, especially autumn one, mixed colors, dying to go to Iceland to see Aurora Borealis, smoke something and just make music for hours. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  9. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Where I live, I could get stabbed if I'm robbed and don't have a phone with me (thug frustration is a real thing, you know). So, yes, I'm kind of afraid for my life.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 11:05 PM
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

do you have a link where I can download Outside ver 3.2? no warez though I need real thing..

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Smeghead

Smeghead Platinum Record

See, this is why there needs to be some kind of "wow" or "dang" reaction. "Like" and "interesting" aren't really appropriate. We don't even have a sad for the RIP threads.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Living in West Cornwall, UK, 3 miles from our front door to the nearest beach (Portreath). We're surrounded by woods, old copper/tin/etc mine workings, hills, gardens and beautiful, azure blue sea. We have clean, fresh air that has travelled approx 3,000 miles across the Atlantic before reaching our lungs, best believe we spend LOADS of time outdoors. Fishing, foraging, cycling, walking, outdoor love making, WE LOVE IT!!!
    :mates:
    This is our lives since November 2022 and every day is a holiday! We left a small town in the very center of the UK, surrounded by industry, concrete, motorways, miserable, bitter people, and crime, lots of crime. We now live in the most beautiful place, in our minds, of the entire UK. Friendly, relaxed people, neighbours, and work colleagues, low crime, and views to die for where ever you look.

My advice, for what it is worth, live your dream, don't settle for what you have, strive to give those you love the absolute and very best you possibly can. Our only regret is that we didn't move 20 years ago!!! Better late than never.
    :guru:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

No stars out, it's cloudy. Ditto the moon. Was out a half an hour ago, can't sleep.

It's autumn, the flowers are either dead or dying. I went to the graveyard two days ago to replace the flowers on my father's (and my mother's sister) grave with something evergreen that can handle the ground freezing.

You do realize the irony of asking that on the fucking net?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Yeah, it's sad but kind of interesting, I guess (I bet many people would be surprised to read about it.) We usually carry our real phone and a cheap 'throwaway phone,' which is the one we try to give away during a robbery. Because some thugs can get really mad if they realize we are not carrying anything and just straight out torture and kill because of it. It gets really gruesome once you read the news and get familiar with the stories.

I was lucky enough to be robbed only three times, and only once at gunpoint.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Sanskritter

Sanskritter Ultrasonic

They tried telling us to do that when we were kids:

they then proceeded to bombard us for the next 30 years with reasons to never go out again!

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

there's a comet on its way around the sun, might be visible with the naked eye after it makes it around the sun
    closest approach to earth is around oct 12 - we can practice going outside for a little bit, like 1 minute and build up to being outside for like 15 minutes or something.

https://www.sciencealert.com/newly-discovered-comet-now-visible-heres-how-to-see-comet-of-the-year

or

https://www.space.com/comet-tsuchinshan-atlas-brightening-perihelion-how-to-see

[​IMG]

17. azz

azz Member

I got arrested for assault after fighting off a weirdo trying to open the front door of my house, so I don't feel like that. If I had a gun, I'd point it at myself and shoot myself.:suicide:

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I think we need an emote to signify :Shock:

Is it dangerous night AND day or just at night?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? Sounds to me like you'd be better off shooting whoever was trying to get into your house!

----------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry to hear that. There is not much any of us can say to console you at this terrible time, but for what it's worth I'm sending you my best wishes for their resting in peace.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 4:11 AM
  19. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I remember that 'why don't you?' programme clearly I hated it.. I turned it off and went out every time it came on!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I wish I could get my wife to move out to the countryside too. I'd move tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  21. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

it's been 6 months after I moved to a new place, 10km from my hometown. 10km from the sea and beautiful islands near it. Turns out childhood friends built this some sort of cabin house on the beach (i think) 15 years ago and turns it into club house, no woman allowed tho, I didnt make the rule. rooftop + endless supply of alcohol and narcotics. I see the sky over the sea with my eyes open and closed at the same time every weekend. everything is good except it hurts productivity a bit, worth it.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List