Why new R2R releases Keep Erroring on extract ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hasan bahrami, Nov 23, 2017.

1. hasan bahrami

hasan bahrami Newbie

hey guys
    what is wrong ?
    why most of r2r releases keep erroring when im gonna extract them ?
    error : you need to have the following volume to continue extraction
    there's no following volume !!! lastly i got this error too much ..

is it me ? or ...

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Sometims WinRar give the wrong error message, so despite the message that you read, it may simply be because you need a more recent version of winrar.

4. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It's because R2R are angry and the rar gods are terrified.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I haven't found any issue. I use 7-zip. Latest extract on all roland release. What archiver did you use?

6. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

With which R2R releases do you have this?

But this error is basically saying that you still don't have all the files that are required to continue with extracting. When you try to extract a file and you don't have all his segments you will get this error.

Mostly and then especially the larger files are seperated in parts. All these files in all these parts makes one file. Often you have to download multiple compressed files to get the entire file. It's kinda like a puzzle.

Sometimes you have all these files and it's still not working. Possible causes could be the files are corrupted (you can see this in the error log) or something went wrong with downloading. In that case try to redownload.

Put every file of every part into one folder. Of course choose a folder that's easy to find. In my case I always make new extract folders and save it on locations that are easy to find.

Select everything and then click on extract here. WinRar will make a new folder into the same folder automatically. After this has been done you should be able to open the file fully and be able to install.

And of course according to @Olymoon make sure you have the most recent version.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017