Why my Omnisphere's browser shows me some patches twice?

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Aya, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Aya

Aya Member

I've installed STEAM Instruments(Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trilian), and they are all up to date.

[​IMG]

However I found a strange thing about Omnisphere that it shows some patches twice in its browser menu.

[​IMG]

Clickiing on first one of any 'couples', the blue-boxed selection mark pops on the name of the patch and instrument's sound loaded well.

But when I click on second one, selection mark displayed, but it automatically moves up to the first one immediatly.

Not all of the patches have this problem. I can see many piano or keyboard patches have this issue, so I guess it might be related to some kind of crash(?) between Omnispehere and Keyscape, but I cant sure.

Why is this happens? Did my Omnisphere or Keyscape not installed properly? Is there any solution to fix this?

Thank in advance for all of your advices.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  3. samsum

samsum Producer

Best Answer
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

delete the database file and let omnisphere scan new.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Aya

Aya Member

Wow!!! It worked!!! Thanks very much :wink:

P.S. I saw someone said there's similar issue with Trilian. Checking it out, I found the two Trilian's Multi db files are in both path to Omnisphere and Trilian. As a test I deleted db files in Omnisphere's path, and confirmed all work well. However there's no symptom like Keyscape which shows same preset name twice, so I think I can keep those files as they are.

Thanks for your advice, but I couldn't find a way to make Omnisphere scan new. I found a option 'Reset Defaults and Preferences' in UTILITY menu, but It doesn't seem what you meant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

it scans new if the database file is deleted. thats somewhere in the steam folder with file extension db.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Aya

Aya Member

Hmm... It's strange... I've tested with db files already. With deleting two Keyscape db files, Omnisphere just couldn't load corresponding patches, and Keyscape shows me an error message while startup. There happened no new scanning at all, though I don't know why.

8. samsum

samsum Producer

You're very welcome and so glad it worked :wink: