Why MAC IS far better than WiN/PC....

Discussion in 'humor' started by Kookaboo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

NO WAY iPhone sucks
    The only thing thats better is that you can find many music apps for iPhone

But if you dont count music apps

It is so bad and is not even close to an Android i regret that i bought one.

Just the fact that you have to jailbreak it to do somthing that you can do on Android without doing anything to your device say it all!

And you have to use that shitty iTunes when you should get a ringsignal in your device
    ( i know that there is othe programs that can do the same thing BUT non will work if you havent INSTALL iTunes in the first place thats crap i think)

It took many many updates before you could choose your OWN ringsignal

On android just plug in the phone to whatever you like and copy the ringsignal to the device no secret path or anything just go for the folder RINGSIGNAL try that with an iPhone that is not jailbroken the same goes for MP3 PDF and all other stuff.
    IPHONE SUCKS!!

2. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

@ The DUDE
    You really naild it with your post.
    It´s like a painting artist would say to another painting artist my bruses is better then yours beacuse it cost so much more.
    But the artist with the cheaper bruses is the better painter in the eyes of the public.
    Go Figure!!

3. exodus

exodus Newbie

Getting viruses on your Windows? Stop letting the viruses in. Develop secure surfing habits. Wonder why there's so many viruses for Windows? Well, I wonder why OSX only has 8.7% of the market. When iOS was more popular than Android, there were a shitload of exploits made for it. Now Android is more popular, but also more customizable. Are you gonna assume Android is shit too? Virus makers would rather spend their efforts on 83.8% of the market rather than bother with 8.7%. Windows would've been more much secure than OSX if they didn't have to include so many compatibility layers for old software and deprecated architectures. Ask ReactOS developers about it, they know more about Windows than any of you.

If you need to be told what to do, stick with OSX. If you know what to do, Windows and Android are for you. It's that simple.

This post was supposed to be for the lulz, but you guys had to ruin it up with your elitism. Now, shut up and go make music. If you can't, too bad for you, but don't waste other people's time with your fanboy myths.

4. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

i'v been using Mac for a long time i started with 0S 9 thats how long a go and never had one computer go bad i went through 4 PC's that all did not work i always had a problem trying to do music with a PC and then a friend said (( Are You Done Playing Around With That Amateur Shit' )) and took me to a Mac store and i have not had a problem since Mac for life'''''' :grooves:

5. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Art nerd rage. Love it !!

I've said it was gonna be the last...well...

CINEBENCH is a real-world cross platform test suite that evaluates your computer's performance capabilities.
    CINEBENCH is the perfect tool to compare CPU and graphics performance across various systems and platforms (Windows and Mac OS X). It's completely free.

Download: http://www.maxon.net/products/cinebench/overview.html

Database:

Render: http://www.cbscores.com/index.php?sort=rend&order=desc

Open GL: http://www.cbscores.com/index.php?sort=ogl&order=desc

You can post your own results if you want!
    (in case yours is missing...)

Have Fun! :bow:

6. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

So where is the list on how well you can run your DAW on different systems with similar spec:s?
    Only graphic list is what i see there it has NOTHING to do with Audio

7. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

I´m pretty sure Mac is OK for many user but so IS PC..
    And it´s no amateur computer as you "put it"
    IT WAS an amateur computer but when Win XP came out in the beginning of 2000 you could easely configure an audio pc before XP it was a nightmare.
    But when you learned how to do it it was a nobrainer.
    And WHY then spend so much more MONEY on a Mac for a computer with similar spec:s when you could spend those money on something else?.
    Another thing to go the PC way is ALL the plugins and program that is developed for PC you got more options.
    If you choose Mac your kind of blocked (well nowadays you can run win on a mac so you have both if you want)
    But still it is TO EXPENSIVE as you could buy a PC for nearly half the price as the cost for a Mac Pro that includes exactly the same CPU GPU Memory and HD:s.
    So what is that you paying those extra money for?
    Is it
    The Case? The OS? The LOOK?.

8. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Guitarmaniac64:

You'll probably won't find such a list...

Audio processing is not something that is very CPU or video demanding. It takes normally just a minute or less to export or "render" multiple tracks to a stereo track. (15 to 20MB per minute)
    Any Core duo can handle it without any problems.

Video and particle simulations on the contrary. It can take hours or days to render or simulate a minute on a single computer (aprox. 500MB a second of HDTV uncompressed).
    It takes normally 3 Years to render a Pixar movie! Dreamworks Pussy and Boots took 60 million render hours and 117 terabytes of data.

That's why you use these kind of tests to evaluate your CPU and video card performances. Because they demand the most of the computer's capabilities.
    So, to talk about CPU or video capabilities when working with audio is a bit of a non-sense.

PCs and Macs have both their strengths and weaknesses, depending on what you're doing and where you're working.
    In the end, we're all friends here. We're all here for audio.

PC or MAc doesn't really matter much.