Why Live search bar doesn't search in Packs?

Discussion in 'Live' started by spncart, Feb 11, 2022.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

This is so annoying.

Live 11.1 still isn't able to find anything from search in the Packs folder, even if add Packs folder in Places. Unless I move my mouse to Packs in Place after the search query.

But this is a big waste of time since I can't just use my keyboard with Cmd + F like I do with all the other searches without this extra step.

I even added my own User Library folder into Places because I don't trust this Search function in Live, but the User Library searches seem fine though. I can use simply Cmd + F and they show up.

But Packs searches don't show up unless I hover to the Places > Packs folder.

It's a bit silly that Ableton doesn't include Packs searches into search natively, since Packs are a big part of the Ableton experience!

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Managing Files and Sets
    www.ableton.com/en/manual/managing-files-and-sets/

Places
    The Places labels show the contents of folders on your hard drives. Use this section when you want to access a particular place, such as a folder you’ve added or an add-on Pack. The actual contents of the Places section will vary depending on how you’ve configured your library, but will contain at least the following:
    • Packs — all Packs that come pre-installed with Live, as well as any that you’ve installed yourself. Each Pack appears as a folder in the content pane, which can be unfolded to reveal that Pack’s contents. Presets, samples, and Live Clips installed by Packs will also appear in the appropriate Categories labels. The Packs label also shows updates for installed Packs, as well as additional Packs that you can install. Please refer to Downloading and Installing Packs in the Browser (see 5.1.2) for more information.

5.1.2 Downloading and Installing Packs in the Browser
    The Packs label in the browser shows you all Packs that come pre-installed with Live, as well as any that you’ve installed yourself.

To check for existing updates for your installed Packs, navigate to the Packs label and expand the Updates section.

[​IMG]
    You can also view Packs that you own, but have not installed. These uninstalled Packs appear in the Available Packs section within the Packs label.

Ableton Quick Tips - #10 Search Bar

4. spncart

spncart Producer

Okay thanks I think I kinda made sense of it now, I can sort by Places in the search results and it will organize the search results by locations (and packs). Not the most intuitive UX but makes sense.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022