Why it There No Reason Refills UnPacker/Opener

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by lyric8, Oct 26, 2013.

1. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

it is almost 2014 and no software developer as made a Reason Refills UnPacker/Opener there are some good Reason Refills out there and i don't like Reason the only hope i have is the CDXtract 5 witch they are still Working on it has been over a year that they said they are working on it :dunno: if some one know something i don't know on how to unpack Reason Refills on a Mac please let me know Thanks :wink:

3. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

There's an ooold Refill unpacker/viewer that's been floating around forever. It's a bit buggy, and it doesn't work well with newer Refills, but it works alright on old stuff. It's a shame that it was never updated or anything..

4. korgrog

korgrog Member

Probably they will sue you if you use their file format :snuffy:

you need refillviewer.exe you also need the full version of Reason installed

Reason, in addition to conventional formats (WAV, AIFF, SF2 ...), also supports custom sound banks, the refill. This is one file with the RFL, which are packed (there is a certain degree of compression) of the individual samples, patches and presets.

Refill can be opened only reason. What I know so far no program for converting audio formats (eg CDXtract) RFL format does not support.

There is a small but useful program, which can expand to refill the classic directory structure. It's called Refill Viewer and its use is very easy.

To extract a refill is needed to copy Refill Viewer in the main folder of Reason (or where you have Orkester.rfl). After starting the folder tree you find a place where you have saved refill. Refill designation in the list to display detailed information about a specific bank of sounds.

Double click we can look at the data structure refill. Now only the mouse to mark all the ingredients (or a specific folder or file) and right-click choose "Extract and Unpack." Then select the destination folder. If we're lucky, it expands all the files that are placed in the refill.

Refill Viewer is definitely a handy tool. The only drawback is that you can not cope with all refill, or only expands the file.

These are not my words but where I found it :break:

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://blog.dysmusax.cz/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://blog.dysmusax.cz%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D908

look down you will find it , for instruction

http://blog.dysmusax.cz/wp-content/refillviewer.exe

copy and paste into your browser for down load *yes* or just click on it :rofl:

this is the one I use and it works very well it is not the same size as this one

http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/sha1/AE6E852A8F294CF671774F10EAE7C6945B043772_details.aspx

but it has not caused my system any problems

If you find a better version let me know :mates: :dancing: :thumbsup: *yes*

I installed it ,,,,you just copy and paste it to Reason folder

C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason\refillviewer.exe,,, where
    C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason\Orkester.rfl,,,, is located

then make a shortcut for it to your desk top

file size refillviewer.exe 796 KB (815,104 bytes)

hope this helps :bow:

I am using this with Reason 5.0.1 (build 1,472) Thanks Irelle :hug: forgot to mention it :rofl:

I do not normally use Reason just like to see what the wav files sound like

I would need a 27 in monitor portrait position to work with it :bow: :rofl: :dancing: :rofl:

5. Irelle

Irelle Noisemaker

I was trying to use that one unpacker with Reason 7 and I realized it's better to leave it be...There is no working soft and that's probably a kinda security measure.

6. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Newbie

Refills drive me crazy.

When you buy a sample c.d, you can delete the samples/presets you dont like but not with refills, you are forced to keep everything, even though you only use 20% of the content.

I have 100gigs of refills but only use about 20gigs of the content which means i have 80gigs doing nothing on my hard drive!!

I have been looking for the refill unpacker update for years with no luck, someone needs to crack refills!!

7. malstrom

malstrom Newbie

I also am looking for a program that actually works!!!

8. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Like i siad it is almost 2014 and know one has made any software to open Refills easy Mac or PC the person who dose Will be Loved :mates:

9. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

It's just an annoying format, who buys that stuff anyways? Normal sample packs you can use whereever you like, only that Propellerheads shit can not. :snuffy:

10. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Newbie

A refill unpacker would help me out so much!!

I would pay a lot of money for one!!