Why is there a Reaper Release anyway ?

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by trutzburg, Feb 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Peter Klausener

Peter Klausener Ultrasonic

I guess a fair majority on this site wants, that rich software companies should give as much as they are winning from us users, who buy their stuff, kind of social attitude. And as soon as one company like Cockos acts this way and sells its software very generously, I have to read sentences like "as soon as I make some money, I will buy". Come on, what is your aim in making money? Do you have to make thousands of $$ to buy a software that is really affordable? Ridiculous, and you really should rethink your aims.
    Besides the really low price, Reaper has a very busy and creative community, has tons of free stuff, that other DAWs don`t even mention and is updated regularily. Updates in most cases provide new features and rarely are necessary to make Reaper work as it should. Because it is already stable and lightweight. I have experiences with other DAWs and I only can recommend to use Reaper and to pay the developers. One of the best investments in my music production life.

2. fredboudin

fredboudin Ultrasonic

I also used it in evaluation mode for years :deep_facepalm:but at the end wanted to support Cockos team and purchased a licence.
    It's worth the 60 $.
    In my opinion, Reaper is the best DAW, easy on the CPU, frequent updates, great comunity in the Reaper form, great developpers Team.
    I use it mainly for my EDM tracks even if I can use Logic X, Live or studio one.

Long life to Reaper :beg:

3. Diogenes

Diogenes Guest

I think rather than mocking the decisions of ordinary people whose circumstances you know nothing about (sneering at those who don't have as much money as you is a shitty thing to do), this thread should encourage people to wonder about the fact that the developers of Reaper can afford to operate in the way they do and still run a profitable business, yet other companies charge ten times more for the same thing, and a huge chunk of their price-fixing goes toward thwarting evil wrong-doers who might use their "products" without paying tribute to the figurative cartel boss.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Very true. :like:
    Think about people living in a barrel ;)

Really. But it's questionable if they do get a real profit out of it in the moment or in the long run respectively (e.g. self exploitation of startups).
    To charge not enough money for their product may lead to problems in the future. If this is the case, Cockos may end like a lot of other smaller businesses. They may have not learnt to calculate properly and may fail in the future or will be bought by a bigger fish in the bowl.
    I've been in the software industry until in the 90ies and couldn't imagine $60 is enough for a program of this complexity. And things tend to get more complicated as time goes by. It would be extremely difficult to charge significantly more for the product if you started too low.
    Partly own bad experiences.

Why people crack a prog of this low price tag? Because they can / or out of principle.

5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

A 2010 hand-me-down laptop, a broken pair of Beats headphones found in a dumpster and a copy of Reaper is all you need.

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Now go on Lois, admit it. You're into Cajun.

7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Don't you think a little bit of electricity would help? :winker:

8. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I assume that many can't count past 4 and a 5 second wait is over their heads

9. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

I earned 0 bucks 0 cents working with this.
    You think living in Russia, music gives me money to buy this? Or you want to say you buy everything, and there is no crakd software on your pc? What are doing here in thread/forum?
    Maybe for you 60 bucks is nothing in your euromerican country, but for me 60 bucks is 3-4 day of work in my shop with 14 hours per day.
    Also,i have a kid and wife who earns less. And i live in not my flat, living with a lot of bank credits.

Music for me is professional hobby. Learn almost all, experience, skills, knowledge, but earn nothing. As well as teach others.
    I earn money with stuff i bought. But it is couple of dollars a month or less.

audiozuser76, your nickname shows us that you like audioz so much, where you actively download pirated cracked software. How you dare judge me if you are not warezbuyer76 ?
    What the fuck man, really?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I used mine for 6 to 8 months before I purchase it. I had to get used to it coming from Cubase. I did buy Cubase 7 and wished I never had and one upgrade. What a waste of money. Reaper at $ 60 is a steal. One update from Steinberg for cubase is almost that.

And we all know we are going to get a lot up updates with Reaper

To me Reaper nag screen was not that big of a deal never cracked it and the fact that I could get a 10 sec delay and still use it was a blessing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

What you don't see are the portable solar panels on the right side of the roof that were generously left there by the previous resident, a kindly gesture for sure.

12. Yeah and you don't need solar panels to play the accordian. Huh? Huh? I'll bet you're just another Edith Piaf. Four foot ten inches tall and a voice so luad you can sing three foot back from a ribbon mic. Cajun pride, Lois. Cajun pride.

[​IMG]

13. kims

kims Kapellmeister

And bandlab dont understand why a daw should be open for hackers like reaper lol, and it must be hard work for people to do a simple online account
    Bandlab know that Cakewalk existed for decades, they will never take down the authentication servers - they dont dare

"funny" that you all praise reaper and you used it for years because you obviously like it, but when paying a ridiculous 60 bucks..."oooh no i cant afford it "oh no i have to work for 14 days to have the money" "im waiting for version 19 THEN i will pay"
    you make reaper proud of their work lol
    read the nfo´s
    Our greetings go to all hard working groups,
    and middle fingers to the people who makes money with our effort.

Support the good developer if you use it.
    We would like to support you for free,
    as long as you understand what you are doing and what it means.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Damn, I just must remember to stand at least three feet away from the mic, I keep killing the ribbon. And I'm not 4'10", I'm moar like 4'11".
    [​IMG]