Why is Moog as a Company not doing VST Synth Plugins on their own?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BlackHaze1986, Oct 17, 2023.

1. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Maybe someone knows why. There are many other Synth Makers which provide us with VST Plugins of their Synths. But as far as i know the only Synth where Moog was involved is an UAD one. I can't understand that, because its a big market or do they make enough money on selling their super expensive Synths. Tested the Moog Effects at and friends Studio and they sound great and i bet Emulations of their Synths would easily be much better then the Arturia ones and all the 3rd Party ones out there, because of their know how.

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

They were acquired by inMusic just a couple months back and the first round of layoffs was announced recently. I guess banking on iPadOS/iOS didn't work out for Moog. Maybe inMusic will do more with them than slap the name on a bunch of crappy plugins.

4. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Didn't know that, but sounds like good news for us producers hopefully inMusic knows how to bring such a legendary Name to the VST Biz, but they are doing well with AKAI and AIR. Yeah totally forgot of the iOS Stuff but this was for me more a toy for non producers to play around. The Banking on iOS reminds me on nokia missing the Smartphone Train very bad decisions Companywise.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  5. Joe Taco

Joe Taco Member

I use their iOS synths in Ableton Live AU3 and to me sounds quite better than UA version

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List