Why is Kontakt disliked?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by notsoloud, May 26, 2019.

1. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I can't agree more.
    This unprecise talking all comes from not understanding the audio science. Digital sound is crystal clear because no audible noise is added because of electronics. Audio is sampled with 44100 kHz. (44100 samples per second and each sample 24 bits)! Man this is the same as the actual audio! People now even use 192000 kHz. You can make sure no audible data is lost.
    Noise that comes from analog signal processing is much more audible than the data loss from digitizing signal.

P.S: Analog is only superior when you want to distort a sound like a guitar sound through a guitar amp. That is hard to simulate because we can't reproduce what exactly happens because we don't really know.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

My main reason would have to be loading times of a lot of instruments and the bulky preset system.

Still, not gonna kick it out of bed.

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

First I took a look on my calendar if it's 1st of April. :woot:

After watching the vid I must say, great idea. I'll chek it out. :like:

Question is, what wood glue we could use in Europe. The wood glues here are totally different from what I know from US and Canada. I suspect the glues I could buy here won't make that coherent plastic film we see in the vid. Did anyone test it? Brand?

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Well, i have a couple, who doesnt??

5. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Bruh, in one neighborhood in LA you'll get knocked out for thinking less of a color. Judge not a person by the color of their phonage, judge by the contents of their beats. Ask me what color mine are and I'll tell you headphones don't exist

6. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

I spent my childhood listening to vinyl that I own in hundreds, plus many 78rpm. While some were pretty silent, well manufactured and clearly high quality, most were crackling since the first needle, many were severely warped. However one of the first thing I noticed, is that vocals on LPs were higly distorted in the internal tracks, because of reduced tangential speed. So I was very happy with the coming of CD, DAT, and the rest of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

Why isn't there a button for "WTF?" What is this topic about now?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Don't do it, unless you have some record you don't care much of, used as test.
    Don't think it will do much better than a proper traditional cleaning, though.

10. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Ah but you see my friend, at audiosex there are no topics. The sooner you realize this the sooner you can see the light of slate digital... :cool:

11. It must be PVA Wood Adhesive. In the EU it's usually white, in the USA they colour it wood colour because Americans can't tolerate the cognitive dissonance of white.

EDIT: Yes it's white PVA. From Google...

The use of polyvinyl acetate chemicals to clean records is nearly as old as the record itself. A 1981 issue of Audio Amateur magazine documents the use of a PVA glue cleaning technique. Of course, wood glue isn't the only way to clean vinyl records, but it might just be the best one.13 Sep 2011

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
  12. geetarman513

geetarman513 Noisemaker

IMHO saying analog or digital is superior in terms of what you should be using is like saying red is better than green, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish although digital is clearly superior in terms of clarity and quality without question. Everyone is hopping on the analog train these days because it offers harmonic content that's hard to reproduce digitally but to me it's neither better or worse in terms of recording unless whoever you are recording would be better suited by a different format. There's room for both, its just you may need to take out a second mortgage for that vintage Fairchild, when you could catch a pretty good deal at Waves and get close for a fraction of the cost. Also, I'm not sure I'd want to hear (insert 70's band) classic albums recorded through a Pro Tools rig without some of that great old console distortion blasting through the speakers just like I'm not sure we want NIN to ditch technology and take up Americana, it's just a matter of what's right for whatever project you are doing, your budget, and of course...taste.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  13. Like getting cars to stop at traffic lights?

14. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Well said, I'm also not sure I'd want to hear said 70's band through a bunch of waves plugins either

15. [​IMG]

Whaddaya mean you don't have autotune?

16. geetarman513

geetarman513 Noisemaker

Yes I like to get cars to stop at traffic lights cause I don't like to have to look out for anyone when I drink and drive, and yeah I have autotune but it's sort of like your penis, it gets looked at from time to time but it never gets used. I hope the other trolls are more witty than the welcoming committee.

17. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

the best soundquality you still get without using any stretch algrorithm and just create a multisample

what can NNXT do what Kontakt can't do ?

18. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

Sorry My Bad. I mentioned the war , I thought I got away with it

19. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

People are being carried away by their very own agendas when they participate in threads like this. It´s obviously difficult to keep your head clear when the willingness to convince others of one's superior insight, experience, etc. takes over.
    It happens almost on a daily basis here. Get use to it.... it´ll never end.
    My 50 cents

20. relexted

relexted Producer

:wtf: