Why Fl studio don't use in the studio?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by manhill, Jan 1, 2022.

1. manhill

manhill Member

3. Sauce Cause

Sauce Cause Member

What!?

4. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

its 2022 but it still cant understand people

5. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Chill out guys, English probably isn't their native language. They also probably ask why FL studio isn't being used by professionals.
    Recording, mixing, mastering and post-production professionals don't use it because it doesn't provide the necessary features and stability. Especially for recording and post-production.
    As for musicians, they do. There are lots of pro electronic musicians that use FL as their DAW of choice.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. DJK

DJK Rock Star

alot of pro producer use it, james dymond is one and he is still not using the latest version, A DAW is just a tool dont matter who uses what, its the end result that counts

7. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

Umm but it is?

8. anissbenthami

anissbenthami Kapellmeister

It's used in electronic music production but most studios focus on recording based production where FL Studio sucks

9. odod

odod Rock Star

perhaps for a writing tool = yes

but mixing and mastering i think Studio still prefer Pro Tools (mostly)

10. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

FL Studio sidechain setup is a mess (and even have some issues if you want to setup more than one sidechain input to the same channel), their audio editing is really limited in terms of capabilities, the overall interface and workflow is totally different than most other DAWs out there, which makes it harder for people to migrate from other DAWs to FL, the audio recording options are really basic and don't offer much flexibility, no "non destructive" rendering feature like "freeze to audio clip"... And the list could go further... Since most of these features are widely used when we are talking about acoustic instruments recording and editing it just don't make much sense to choose FL as a primary DAW.

BTW, I'm a FL Studio user for several years now, and I love it, but I need to admit it needs a lot of improvement as these features mentioned above would make life way easier, even for electronic producers. Try to clean up a vocal track floor noise and "gain ride" it in FL Studio before start mixing and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

11. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I tried to believe that, but then I see people work in Pro Tools and then I think to myself it takes ages like that.
    I think only Reaper comes close to fl studio's automation and routing options.

Pro Tools is getting out of fashion quickly in my experience, like Wavelab did about 10 years ago.

12. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

i use it ! So yeah pros do use it :disco:

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

14. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

15. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

lol whut? Part of this critique does not make sense to me at all.
    • Sidechain setup is not a mess, and you can send more then 1 sidechain to the same input (even with vst2 plugins outside Steinberg their spec.)
    • What about recording do you not find flexible? last version introduced post fx recording. Hands down, nothing beats fl studio at this point.
    • Freeze to audio clip has been there for more than 10 years now. What is non-destructive?
    The second part does make sense, automation is hell. gain riding is horrible experience.

And personally, I never worry about noise floor. Thanks too waves ns-1. However, I thought Edison could did a great job at that with their Izotope-rx-like spectral processing?

The thing is, after 15 years, Fl studio can surprise you with a feature you did not know it had. And that is as much as a perk as a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. sonnymoonlight

sonnymoonlight Member

Plenty do in Hip Hop and Electronic music. I would say it is more of a respected DAW now than what it was 15+ years ago when it was called fruity loops

17. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

Depending of the number of the track you route lastly to a given channel, the plugins stop reacting to the previous sidechain routing and start reacting to the last routed channel instead. And even if that don't happen, the whole sidechain setup path could be easier anyway.

Take a look at Studio One recording possibilities for instance. Multiple channel recordings are done super easier and have way more control, overdubs are created easier and more organized, options to punch in and out a track recording at certain moments of the recording, and the list can go on...

What I mean with "freeze" is a way you can "unfreeze" instruments back to midi or get back the previous audio with the mixing channel effects setup. That way you can free CPU but you can decide to go back and recreate the whole thing if you need. I always think twice before render things in FL cause I know it will be really hard to open a previous FLP just to get the original instrument settings back and reaply them into my recent project state.

Yeah, audio editing in general like level automation and cutting unnecessary parts was the reason i've tried some other DAWs like Studio One or Ableton, but I just got back to FL cause I already know and trust it, it would take too much time to learn another DAW so well.

I just prefer to clean up and prepare things before starting to add effects to it, and the need of an external editor is not a good workflow in my opinion. It would be easier and faster to be able to make these edits in the original audio clips.

Yeah, but I wish they focus more on the daily needs before thinking of a new distortion FX or a 303 emulation. C'mon, it's not that hard to setup an easy sidechain routing, the same way we set up the channel routing for instance would be enough. Or some improvements on audio editing, even a volume automation event that can go louder and not just quieter would help a lot sometimes (in that case the default value of the volume automation event would start at 50% and not 100%, simple).

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  18. Sauce Cause

Sauce Cause Member

I'm gonna be blunt, if you don't know how many of the dopest producers & sound engineers use FL Studio, then you aren't paying attention...
    DAW-Wars bores me, each to their own, I can confirm that FL has the fastest workflow of all the DAW's available if comparatively the person using it is as proficient as any other using their DAW of choice :dunno:

19. SselemaN

SselemaN Noisemaker

What are you even asking?

“Why is water not wet?”

It is, every day, all day.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  20. Direct drive

Direct drive Producer

Totally agree with the work flow.You can knock something up in seconds & its what DAW your comfortable with.

21. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Ppl will start using it when it adds like 50 items to a single menu like Reaper does. Cuz what are multi monitor setups used in studios for without menus stretching atleast 3 monitors:rofl: