Why don't you essentially like some genres of music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Why don't you essentially like some genres of music??

"cause they suck!!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Nope, but it's a damn good excuse to do it for a lifetime. Or two lol.
    After all, dancing to music is man's most archaic reaction to it. It elevates the spirit and helps the soul reach out of body experiences.
    Even if you don't believe such things, it is proven as therapeutic and exhilarating. Ask your doctor. Many and distinctly different ancient cultures danced too often, reportedly with the hands extended upwards in ecstatic moments, that stance supposedly helped them reach for the Gods. Try it sometime if you haven't already :)
    I 've spent a significant portion of my life researching the deeper meanings of those i hear and read, in songs and books/poems. Only to realize later that my personal calling is love songs and dance music. No Van Der Graaf Generator no Pink Floyd no Zappa no Dylan no Bukowski etc etc. All these and many more are absolutely fabulous, i acknowledge them as parts of my life and great moments in time but they are not "me". I can sit for hours and discuss the inner workings of the dada movement and avant garde art, this doesn't mean it is mandatory i have to be one of those artists. I just have to understand it. It is better to be no prophet than a false one. True art should be the one that comes from deep within, and should not be dictated by fashions, regimes or political biases. And as such, there can be no bad musical genre, there's only bad musicians. There are no dirty words, only dirty minds mate. It's not what you express per se but how you do it that distinguishes us.
    Finding your calling is more important than a pretentious or "sleeper" state of being that many people are born and raised into, live and die with. In spite of a person's level of education, intelligence, emotional wealth and depth of perception, it is a purpose in life, for me it was revelating and pacifying and was always in front of me, i just couldn't see it for a long time:
    Love conquers everything and dancing takes you higher, no matter what.
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Don't take it serious, just a small part of usual abysmal failures in my imaginations.:bleh:

4. sparkles

sparkles Guest

Yeah ... well , I can write pages explaining why I dont like specific genres and why I like the one, accidentally I dont have that much time, in other hand very good question!

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

It depends on what you praise more in your life and how you've been raised. I praise new ways of composition and innovative concepts in every aspect of human's life + perfection in musicality + leading you into the new worlds. When any of these qualifications satisfied, my emotions like voluptuousness would get aroused. You see, the least expectations.:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
  6. sparkles

sparkles Guest

Well good man,intersting aspect and thanks for giving me the way to answer in a simple way :woot:.. I like Liquid Drum n Bass cos goes along with the speed of my thoughts, feelings are born that dont kill me, this is the reason that I dont particularly like other genres, at this time:bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Heels Machine

Heels Machine Kapellmeister

There are only two genre I hate :

Jazz : There's no energy, it's brain masturbation and boredom.

Reggae : No energy, the ultimate boredom, and I hate weed.

:rofl:

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Wow! You put yourself in a grave danger with this sentence! Now wait to be hanged from your lovely heels by @MMJ2017.:hillbilly:

M.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  9. Heels Machine

Heels Machine Kapellmeister

Lol !

10. johndoehizzle

johndoehizzle Kapellmeister

there was electronic/dance music in the 90s, but i never heard the term "edm" back then, which now days unfortunately all older/OG/ respected genres fall under this term "edm" . ask a kid waiting in line at an event about frankie knuckles (example), they'll be all lost and ask "oh is that edm?"

11. johndoehizzle

johndoehizzle Kapellmeister

i'm not saying "dancing" is the only thing to music. i just gave my 2 cents on these specific genres i listed in my previous post. theres tons of music for your everyday emotion,happy sad,mad,etc.

12. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

I never thought I'd be listening to Surf Music, but that's what my 3-year old digs, so . . . Surfin' Safari it is! LOL

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

Don't be spendthrift, these specific genres value only 1 cent. Save the other 1 cent for your primrose path.:bleh:

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

@taskforce would you please give some info about this music? I just have this short clip and don't know the name of the song. Probably it isn't for this movie.:bow:

15. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@foster911
    Sounds like a disco house track. Kinda B-grade as it is badly squashed when the beat picks up lol.
    That SNF movie has some good and some great tracks, unfortunately this isn't either nor is it in the movie. No idea what the title is, kinda sounds like a part from a sample cd demo.
    Cheers

16. I think the the soundtrack of SNF was killer, the Bee Gees had the tightest harmonies and wrote beautiful melodies. If you have anything bad to say about them you gotta get through me first, and believe me, be very afraid because I know people who know people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. foster911

foster911 Guest

Harvard marketing professor Gerry Zaltman, one of the founders of neuromarketing, points out:

Ninety-five percent or more of all cognition, all thinking, including emotion, occurs below levels of awareness.

Your unconscious mind will combine the ideas without restriction, without any compulsion to make sense. And it will make use of what you already have stored in your long-term memory. Great art does not, and should not, merely make complete sense. And it must be original, a reflection of who you are.

18. BibouLeNoob

BibouLeNoob Kapellmeister

A neuromarketer talking about art has almost as much relevance as foster talking about music.

19. foster911

foster911 Guest

H.gif